Chapter 27. Returning to work

Caleb POV
I took her a bath after we made love she took a little nap. I changed our sheet while she was bathing so she was sleeping in clean sheets.

I joined her in her bath so I could clean myself too she helped me bathe myself. Every time she touched me I felt an electric current flow through my skin.

She was so beautiful I couldn't believe she actually chose to stay with me after she found out  what I do for a living. She had a heart of gold and I never wanted to loose her that would be the biggest mistake I would ever make.

She was the most amazing and innocent woman I've ever met she saw the good in everyone no matter how cruel they actually were.

She's been through a lot herself and never once talked bad or took her anger out on others for the pain her parents caused her.

I admired her for her honesty and how forgiving she was. I didn't understand why her parents treated her so badly she was perfect in so many ways.

My alarm went off letting me know it was time for me to get up for work. Today I had to return back to work because someone hacked and stole my money so now I have to figure out who did it.

I wanted to bring her with me but I couldn't because I would be in meetings all day and I wouldn't be able to see her or take care of her.

I didn't like asking others to watch her Aaron was an exception but he was going to be in the meeting with me.

I got out of the bed quietly and as gentle as possible so i wouldn't wake her up. I was starting to think she had separation anxiety because all the signs were there but I wasn't too sure I would have to bring in a doctor to see if she dose.

She worried me at times. I loved how she needed to touch me in any way possible it made me feel powerful that I had such an affect on her.

I got dressed and brushed my teeth. I put on a black suit with a red tie you could only see the tattoos on my neck and around my wrists. 

I knew it drove her crazy when I rolled up my sleeves she loved tracing and looking at my tattoos when she was bored or anxious. 

I finished getting ready I went next to her on the bed kissing her nose, lips and cheeks to wake her up. She whined a little but the more I pecked kisses all over her face she began to giggle.

"Wake up princess I'm leaving to work in a little." She got up immediately at the mention of me leaving to work. She grabbed my hand with glossy eyes tears threatening to spill.

"P-please d-don't l-leave m-me d-daddy." She whined. I picked her up wrapping her legs around my torso. "Don't cry princess we went over this last night. We agreed that if I go to work you won't cry and I'll buy you ice cream." I wiped a tear that had escaped.

"I d-don't w-want I-ice c-cream I w-want y-you." She whimpered holding onto my shirt and shoulders so I wouldn't let her go. 

I hugged her while I pushed my head into her neck to inhale her addictive scent. I swiped my tongue against the skin on her neck.

She tightened her grip on my shirt and shoulders while tilting her head to the side to give me more access to her neck. "You smell so good princess." I groaned against her ear and neck. She whimpered softly.

"Fuck it your coming with me." I couldn't help myself I couldn't handle seeing her cry. I'm the boss anyway so no one can tell me what to do.
She squealed happily practically jumping out of my arms to go get dressed.

"I-I'll b-be r-ready i-in t-ten m-minutes d-don't l-leave m-me." She yelled from her closet. I laughed at her. "I won't princess take your time we still have 30 minutes." I yelled back to her.

I walked into the living room waiting for her by the front door. "I-I'm r-ready d-daddy." She said walking down the stairs. "Come on princess." I reached out my hand so I could grab hers.

She sat inside the passenger seat while I sat in the driver seat. "Buckle up princess." I helped her pull the seat belt over herself then buckled myself in after.

                           40 minutes later

We finally arrived at my job. I remember the last time she came and because of that stupid assistant of mine she lied to make Aaron take her home and that incident happened.

I never wanted to see her go through that again it broke my heart seeing her like that and then she didn't speak to me for almost three days.

"Don't worry princess I'm gonna be by your side the whole time." I assured her. I could tell she was getting flash backs of what she did to herself. She seemed like she was trying her best not to cry I could tell by her ragged and uneven breathing.

"Baby don't cry it isn't your fault I should have pushed her away from the start and had you by my side when I went to that meeting. I should have communicated better with you before I just left you there with Aaron please don't cry princess."

She took a deep breath and squeezed my hand trying to calm herself down. I took her seatbelt off and pulled her into my lap.

"It's okay to let it out princess just promise me you won't blame yourself for what happened." I hugged her letting her breath in my cologne that calmed her down.

"I-I'm s-sorry d-daddy." She whimpered into my ear. "Don't apologize princess just promise me." I pulled her head from my neck making her look into my eyes.

"I-i p-promise I w-won't b-blame m-myself." She told me after taking deep breath's to calm herself before answering me.

"Good girl deep breaths." I repeated a few time while she obeyed me. She stopped crying and her breathing came back to a somewhat normal. I kissed her cheek opening my door so we could go.

I put her down onto the floor grabbing a hold of her hand as we walked towards the entrance of the building.

I walked us into an elevator going up to the 15th floor to the meeting room. "You okay princess?" I asked her worried she might get a panic attack. "I-I'm f-fine d-daddy." She smiled softly to try and convince me but I could tell she was still a little upset.

"You don't have to lie Princess I know your not okay I promise I'll make it up to you when we leave." I lifted her head up by her chin kissing her on the lips she kissed me back softly letting me know that she was fine.

We walked into the room it was filled with men that I worked with Aria immediately felt intimidated and pulled my arm walking as close to me as possible.

I walked to the other end of the table to my designated seat lifting Aria into my lap so no one would touch her or make her feel uncomfortable.

"Just stay quiet princess here's paper and crayons for you to color with to keep you busy while I work." I whispered to her she blushed softly with a smile on her face.

"T-thank y-you d-daddy." She whispered back to me. She started drawing on her paper while everyone in the room just stared at us like they never seen a human being in their life.

To be continued please let me know if you like the story or not I reply to all the comments so feel free to ask or share your thoughts about the story.