Chapter 58. Forgive me

Caleb POV
I came back home really late I was really angry with Aria I didn't understand how she could think I didn't trust her.

I trusted her with my life I just didn't want to worry her or stress her out with what I was doing. She meant the world to me it was my responsibility to make sure her and our baby were safe.

As soon as I walked into the house I heard screaming coming from our bedroom. I ran upstairs it was dark in the house and it was storming outside with thunder and lightning.

When I walked into our bedroom she was huddled up in the corner of the room crying with her hands over her ears.

I walked towards her slowly crouching down to pick her up. She was shaking badly in my arms still crying I never seen her this way. She flinched when the thunder started roaring loudly.

"T-they k-killed y-you. T-they t-took y-you a-away f-from m-me." She cried out holding onto me with shaking hands.

"I t-tried t-to s-save y-you b-but I c-couldn't. I-it w-was s-so s-scary I n-never w-want t-to s-sleep a-again." Her breathing ragged and difficult because of her crying.

"Shhh princess I'm here I'm not dead no one killed me. Your awake now everything is gonna be okay they can't hurt me, you , or our baby." I comforted her so she could calm down.

"I-I'm s-sorry p-please f-forgive m-me I l-love y-you s-so m-much I d-don't n-need a-anymore s-space f-from y-you p-please d-don-..." I cut her off before she could finish her sentence. "Calm down princess I'm not going to leave you. Baby your shaking so much."

She hugged me tight taking deep breaths to steady her breathing and trembling body. "D-daddy I-I'm s-sorry." She apologized again. "It's okay princess I forgive you. I'm sorry too I should have called." She pulled me in for a kiss still crying.

I held her by her waist pulling her closer to deepen the kiss. One of my hands cupped her cheek wiping away her tears. "Stop crying princess. Their gone now. They can't do anything anymore."

I put her down taking off my shirt and pants. I helped her take off her shirt so she could change into another one of mine.

I got into the bed picking her up to straddle my lap. "I-I'm n-not r-ready t-to s-sleep d-daddy." She warned me.

"I know princess I just want to hold you." She wrapped her arms around my waist laying her head on my chest listening to my heart beat.

I brushed through her hair with my fingers while my other hand rubbed her back soothingly.

She looked up at me laying her chin on my chest. "C-can I t-talk t-to y-you a-about s-something?" She asked taking a deep breath. "Take your time princess I'm listening." I reassured her.

She grabbed both of my hands. "W-when I g-give b-birth t-to o-our s-son. D-do y-you w-want t-to h-have m-more? I-it's f-fine I-if y-you d-don't w-want m-more I-I'm j-just w-wondering." She was blushing hard and avoiding my eyes while she spoke to me.

I grabbed her by her chin turning her head to look at me. I smirked at her blushing face. "Depends on how many your thinking about having princess." Her eyes widened slightly before a small smile formed on her lips.

"How many do you want?" I asked her wanting to hear her response. "W-well I w-want a-at l-least f-four o-or m-more." She answered timidly looking down at my chest where she was tracing my tattoos with her finger.

"Look at me princess." She picked up her head to look at me her eyes sparkling with happiness. "I will give you as many kids as you'd like as long as your happy." Her small smile turned into a bigger one making her eyes sparkle even more with happiness.

I pulled her in for a kiss my fingers brushing through her hair pulling her closer to me. She pulled away from my lips tilting her head to the side so I could continue kissing her on her neck. "A-are y-you s-still a-angry w-with m-me?" She asked needing reassurance from me.

"I'm not angry princess I promise. Just promise me you won't ever ask for space away from me again." I stopped kissing her neck turning her head so she was looking at me. "I p-promise d-daddy." She answered leaning forward to kiss me again.

"God I missed you princess. Never again will I let you stay away from me again." I groaned into her neck hugging her tighter.

I looked down at her growing belly rubbing it softly. "Your daddy's beautiful pregnant little princess now." I kissed her cheek lovingly smiling at her.

"We need to set up a date for our wedding day soon." I reminded her making her jump out of my lap excitedly.

"I n-need t-to c-call L-Layla." She said frantically looking for her phone. "It's late princess she's sleeping you can tell her tomorrow she's gonna come over anyway."

She got back in my lap kissing my chest a few times mumbling how much she loved me. "I love you too princess." She smiled against my chest closing her eyes tiredly.

"Let's sleep princess." I was about to lay her down on the bed beside me so she could sleep comfortably.

"N-no d-daddy I d-don't w-want t-to h-have a-another n-nightmare." She refused to sleep. "I know your scared princess. Do you remember what Dr Ron told you to do about when you have nightmares?" She nodded her head understanding what I was talking about.

"I want you to try to dream about what makes you happy and joyful. You don't have to worry about anything happening to me or our baby I'll be here the whole time just remember your dreaming."

She let me lay her down but she hugged me tight snuggling her head in my chest and her legs between mine.

"W-what I-if I c-can't d-do I-it a-and t-the n-nightmare h-happens a-again." She asked afraid with glossy eyes. "Don't worry princess I'll wake you up if you have a bad dream I promise I'll be here the whole time. I just want you to try at least once."

She looked up at me with her glossy eyes holding back her tears the best she could. "Take your time princess you don't have to try right away just prepare yourself. Okay."

I pulled her up a little more so I could kiss her lips. "O-okay." She answered before kissing me back.

"Your doing great baby daddy's really proud of you princess." Her cheeks turned flustered at my praise. "A-appreciate y-you d-daddy." She responded softly hiding her face in my neck.

She stayed in that position for a while until she built up the courage to finally try to sleep. "I-I'm r-ready. P-please d-don't l-leave m-me d-daddy. H-hold m-my h-hand I-I'll s-squeeze I-it w-when I w-want t-to w-wake u-up." I intertwined our hands together giving her hand a small kiss.

"Sleep princess daddy's here for you." I whispered softly to her watching her close her eyes tiredly.

She snuggled up into me a little more adjusting herself to get comfortable tightening her hold on my hand a little so she felt safe and comfortable.