Chapter 89. Cooking lessons

Aria POV
Lydia introduced me to Mrs Brown who was her next door neighbor. Sammy and uncle Earl and their kids that were named Jaden, Jayla they were twins and their youngest Ronnie who was arguing with Caleb over me claiming me as his girlfriend.

I was in the kitchen with all the girls Lydia was teaching me how to cook some of her favorite dishes while Earl, Caleb and the kids were in the backyard.

"So how far along are you Aria?" Sammy asked me. "E-eight m-months." I answered her while cutting vegetables for Lydia. "Wow Lydia your gonna become a great grandma soon." Mrs Brown said making Lydia laugh.

"Did you guys think of a name yet?" Sammy asked with a hopeful smile. "A-Ace B-Blackwood." I told her. "I can't wait to hold him already I love new borns." She said joyfully.

"I-is t-this g-good L-Lydia?" I asked her after I finished cutting the peppers. "Yes that's perfect. Now dice the parsley and peel the mushrooms for me." She instructed me. I never felt so at ease and comfortable with helping someone.

When I would cook with Elizabeth she would sit in a chair and order me around. I had to be quick and fast doing everything and anything she instructed me to do.

I was timed for every little thing I did in the kitchen until I would mess up just so she could have a reason to put her hands on me.

Learning how to do anything with that women was pure torture for me she made sure I would feel pain with every mistake I made.

It got to the point where she would teach me how to cook and I would be crying really bad from her screaming at me the whole time.

She would get so angry because I couldn't control my tears and my shaking hands so she would take my hand and forcefully placed it on the hot burner burning the palm of my hand.

I was traumatized of the stove for months but I had to force down my fear because I had to cook for them or I would be punished worse.

"Aria in a few minutes can you go down in the cellar to grab me the tomato sauce and the bottle of wine that's down there?"

She asked me sweetly. I never went down a cellar alone without Caleb because I was terrified of dark and small spaces.

"O-okay I-I'll d-do I-it." I still agreed because I didn't want to make myself look stupid or feel guilty for not helping her especially since she was so sweet and nice to me the whole time I've been here. "Thank you sweetie."

I finished peeling the rest of the mushrooms taking small deep breaths to ease my anxiety. I rinsed my hands quickly drying them with the kitchen towel before I made my way down the hall towards the cellar.

I took one last deep breath opening the door slowly leaving it open to help me feel a little more confident about going down there.

I walked down the stairs slowly trying to turn on the lights but they weren't working so I used my phone flashlight instead.

I found the wine bottle and tomato sauce on the shelf grabbing one from the many that were neatly stocked. I heard the door slam shut. It didn't even take me a second to start panicking.

I could feel my heart starting to pound against my chest and my palms sweating even more. I ran up the stairs trying my best to stay calm. But my anxiety was taking over quickly.

Tears swelled up in my eyes rushing down my face when I realized I couldn't get the door to open. "C-Caleb h-help m-me p-please!" I banged on the door panicking.

"D-daddy!" I screamed louder banging harder on the door dropping the wine bottle and tomato sauce on the floor. It shattered all over the floor in front of me I didn't even realize it because of how much I was panicking.

I screamed for Caleb banging more and more on the door frantically trying to get out of here. My fist were in pain and shaking from desperately banging on the door to get out.

"H-help m-me!" I screamed again finally someone opened the door letting me out I felt Caleb's arms wrap around me to comfort me.

"Shhh I'm here now princess." He whispered softly to me I hid my crying face in his chest trying my best to calm my breathing and heart so I could calm down.

"Take her to the room Caleb so she can calm down." Sammy told him rubbing my back softly.

Caleb picked me up carrying me to our room while I continued crying in his chest. "It's okay princess your not in there anymore." He carefully lifted my head so I would look at him.

"I f-feel s-so e-embarrassed n-now." I complained feeling stupid for panicking so fast. "Don't be embarrassed princess you didn't know the door was going to lock you in." He reasoned.

"Don't cry princess their worried about you." He wiped my tears kissing my wet cheeks softly. "I w-was t-trying t-to b-be b-brave. I j-just w-wanted t-to h-help h-her." I explained to him through small sobs.

"I know princess and you did good you just freaked out a little and that's fine anyone would have panicked the same way." He hugged me straddling me in his lap.

I stopped crying my breathing coming back to normal hugging Caleb tight needing all his love and comfort.

I could feel my body starting to relax and my tiredness from not sleeping all night starting to take over my body.

I wasn't crying anymore but my eyes were burning and teary from enervation. "I think my princess is ready for a little nap isn't she?" He whispered so he wouldn't ruin my sleepy state. "Mhmm d-don't l-leave m-me d-daddy p-please."

He pecked my cheek and neck gently. "Never princess just sleep baby." I finally shut my eyes letting myself go to sleep. He rubbed my back making me sleepier and fall asleep faster.

The panic attack and my tears really drained my body completely. I felt Caleb lay me down on the bed keeping my hands on him so I would feel safe and wouldn't think he was leaving.

He slowly lifted my thigh a little so he could put the pillow between my legs then covered us in the blanket wrapping his big arms around me to keep me extra warm and comfortable.

"Daddy's brave and sweet little princess." He whispered praising me. I snuggled closer into him kissing his chest tiredly resting my hand over his heart.