Chapter 69. The room

Caleb POV
When we got home Aria and Aaron were still laughing at me for getting scolded by Layla for being mean to them. I helped Aria out of the car holding her hand as we walked into the house.

"D-daddy c-can I g-go b-brush m-my t-teeth?" She asked once we walked into the house. "Go ahead."

She smiled at me happily before she turned around and started running up the stairs. "Aria slow down!" I shouted from the kitchen looking at her sternly.

"S-sorry d-daddy." She apologized slowing down her steps. I watched her walk up the rest of the stairs making sure she was fine.

"Caleb is the room finished or do we have to finish it?" Layla asked me whispering softly so Aria wouldn't hear.

"No it's finished." She smiled at Aaron happily and excited about the surprise for Aria. "I'm gonna go check on her." I told them before I left the kitchen.

"Okay bring her downstairs first before you show her the surprise." Aaron whisper yelled to me.

I gave him a thumbs up so he would know I was listening. I could hear the sound of water coming from the bathroom in our bedroom. "Are you done yet princess?" I asked her when I came into the bathroom.

She nodded her head looking at me through the mirror before she spit out the toothpaste. I wiped her lips with a towel to get rid of the water and the toothpaste.

She smiled at me pecking my cheek softly. "T-thank y-you d-daddy." I kissed her cheek and lips softly. "You ready to find out what your surprise is?" she clapped her hands excitedly. "Y-yes!"

I brought her back downstairs to the kitchen where Aaron and Layla were sitting waiting patiently for us to come back. Layla stood up quickly doing a happy dance making Aria laugh.

"Aaron come on." Layla complained because Aaron was still sitting. He got up following us to the stairs I held Arias hand making sure she didn't fall or trip on the stairs.

"Okay close your eyes princess." I instructed her. She closed her eyes and covered them with her hand while her other hand gripped the bottom of my shirt tightly. "Relax princess I'm not going anywhere." I comforted her.

I led her down the hall towards the room next to ours with Aaron and Layla behind us with their phones out ready to record her reaction. "Okay princess you can open your eyes now."

She opened her eyes while I opened the door revealing her surprise. Her eyes began to water as she walked into the room. She walked towards the baby crib touching it with shaky hands her tears spilling as she looked up at me.

I gave her a comforting smile pulling her towards me for a hug. "I a-appreciate y-you s-so m-much d-daddy." She said with a shaky voice because of her tears. "I know princess daddy loves you so much." I kissed the top of her head softly.

I cupped both of her cheeks tilting her head up to look at me wiping her tears. "Your doing great princess I'm so proud of you." I kissed her lips pulling her closer into me by her waist.

"You guys are so cute I can't with how caring and loving you guys are." Layla said with glossy eyes. Aria began to smile hiding her blushing face from me.

She looked around at the rest of the room it was painted blue and white for our son with a small book shelf and rocking chair in the corner of the room.

She touched all the little clothes that her and Layla picked out at the mall small tears spilled from her eyes the more she looked at everything in the room.

Aaron and Layla left the room giving us a moment alone and so Aaron could calm Layla down.

"Come here princess." I called her over to me because she was still crying. "No more tears princess." I wiped her tears again kissing her forehead. "I l-love y-you s-so m-much." She said softly trying her best to calm down.

"I love you more princess." She wrapped her arms around me hugging me tight. "Daddy's precious little princess." She smiled softly against my chest.

"Come on princess let's go eat something." I grabbed her hand walking us out of the room to go downstairs. She looked at the room one last time before she closed the door.

Aaron and Layla already had food ready on the dining table for us to eat waiting for us to join them. Aria went to go sit in the seat beside me. "Come sit on daddy's lap princess." I patted my lap for her to sit on.

She sat down on my lap kissing my cheek softly. She fed me a piece of chicken from our plate I tried to feed her but she refused to let me. "N-no d-daddy l-let m-me f-feed y-you t-today."

She fed me and herself Aaron and Layla laughed as they watched her feed me. "You love teasing me don't you princess." She began to blush trying to hide her smile.

I let her continue feeding me while making sure she was feeding herself as well. "You ready Layla?" Aaron stood up from the table getting ready to leave.

"You guys are going home?" I asked him. "Yeah it's getting late and tomorrow we have that meeting with George again."

Aria got out of my lap going to hug Layla before they left. "I'll be at the office early tomorrow so don't worry about coming too early." I explained to him.

"Alright I'll come around 7-8ish so I can bring Layla over to keep Aria company." Layla and Aria squealed happily when they heard what Aaron said. "Thanks Aaron." "No problem Caleb." He said grabbing Laylas hand so they could leave.

"B-bye L-Layla." Aria waved goodbye to them from the front door watching them get in their car. I closed the door locking it following Aria upstairs to our bedroom.

She went into our closet to change into one of my shirts. I laid in the bed waiting for her to come lay down with me. She got into the bed I scooted her closer into me covering her in the blanket while adjusting the pillow between her legs.

"D-daddy h-how e-early a-are y-you l-leaving f-for w-work t-tomorrow?" She asked me while nibbling on my neck. "I'm gonna leave around five in the morning." She stopped nibbling on my neck tightening her grip on my shoulder.

"D-do y-you h-have t-to g-go?" She asked like she was trying to prepare herself for my answer. "I have to go princess I'll only be gone for a few hours." She snuggled her face into my neck again nibbling softly on my skin.

"P-promise y-you'll o-only b-be g-gone f-for a f-few h-hours." She brought her pinky finger up to me so I would promise her. "I promise princess." I pinky promised her kissing her cheek to comfort her.

"C-can y-you w-wake m-me u-up w-when y-you w-wake u-up?" She asked scooting a little closer towards me. "I will princess. Now sleep princess."

I kissed her cheek a few more times comforting her so she could stop trying to force herself to stay awake.

She closed her eyes still nibbling on my neck until she fell asleep. I brushed my fingers through her hair to make her sleepier and more relaxed.