Chapter 31

It was one fine day when Arnav went to collect his reports from Hospital. Right from the day he started working, Arnav has started paying his bills. Indraneel said that he would pay but Arnav denied politely saying if he needs more that what it requires he would ask him. Indraneel also accepted giving in his request.

Arnav met his Doctor - Good Noon Doctor.

Doctor - Hi young man..... So how are you feeling now ?

Arnav - Iam great doctor. But you and uncle only not leaving me.

Doctor laughed - It's for your betterment my boy.

Arnav - Iam fine now uncle. It's almost 10 or 11 months Iam under treatment.

Doctor - It's fine only, once you get recovered you won't even remember us.

Arnav rolled his eyes smiling - Nothing of that sort will happen.

Doctor raised his eyebrows amused - But you may forget all of us once you gained your memory back.

Arnav's smiled faded slowly - What do you mean uncle ?

Doctor thought to tease him - Don't you watch movies ? Amnesia patient tend to forget the present once they gained their past memories. So in that case, if you gained your memory back you might forget all of us na.....

Arnav felt as if someone pushed into a well of ice.

Arnav - Will I really forget everything if I gained my memories back ?

Doctor left his jokes apart and became serious - Not cent percent sure Arnav. But there is chances. A rare chance where you might forget your present.

Arnav's world stopped for his own good. Will he really forget his present ? Will he really forget his Kushi ? Will he forget all the love, care and affection she has for him ? Will he forget the angel of his life ? And Indraneel..... Will he forget the person who meant his life now ? No.... No.... And no..... He can't forget Kushi nor Indraneel.

Doctor - Arnav.....

Arnav jerked hearing him and looked at him.

Doctor - Don't worry and continue the medicines. You will get well soon.

Arnav stood up and started walking out. He couldn't recover from the shock that his Doctor bestowed upon him. What will happen to his Kushi if he forgets everything ? He don't think she can take it.

He like a robot went to home and laid on his bed curled up. He shivered at the mere thought of the consequences.

After few minutes Kushi came into his room - Arnav ji.....

Arnav didn't heard her voice in all his turmoil.

She went and touched his arms and he sat up on the bed jerked.

Kushi - It's me Arnav ji..... Where are you lost ?

Arnav gave a small smile - Nowhere Kushi.

Kushi sensed that something is wrong and held his hands - I have bought your food.

Arnav - Uncle ?

Kushi - Papa ate and went to his room. You didn't came down so I have bought your food upstairs.

Arnav - I don't want.

Kushi sighed and held his hands - Come with me.

Arnav - Kushi please......

Kushi - Arnav ji please......