Chapter 54

It was next day when Arnav and Kushi seemed sitting infront of the reputed gynecologist of the city.

Doctor was literally breathing fire looking at Kushi's bandaged head and arms.

Doctor - Is this how you take care of a pregnant woman Mr Raizada ?

As she pointed her bandage Arnav gulped.

Arnav - Doctor woh....

Doctor - I don't want to hear any damn excuses. This is not done....

Kushi - Doctor....

Doctor - Keep quiet Mrs Raizada.... This is not the way how you should be at your pregnancy. Do you guys understand the intensity of the situation ?

Arnav and Kushi looked at eachother and pouted as Doctor was not ready to hear anything.

Doctor - You were pregnant and pulled such a stunt and got yourselves hit by truck ? Like really ? It's good that nothing happened to you and the child. What if something happened ?

She slammed her palms on the table making Arnav and Kushi look at her as if she has grown horns.

Doctor took a deep breath and exhaled a bit - Listen.... Now on... You are going to be damn careful and follow my instructions clearly. Am I clear ?

Kushi nodded her head.

Doctor - Ok. Now coming to the reports, Baby looks healthy. But mother doesn't seem so..... She needs to be under rest and no stress at all. Iam prescribing medicines and you should follow that regularly. Is this your first pregnancy?

Kushi - Second.

Doctor - Whom did you consult last time ?

Kushi - Actually my native is Darjeeling. We have a family doctor there.....

Doctor - Good.

Arnav - Doctor....

Doctor - Yes...

Arnav - Kushi is alright na ? I mean.... I got quiet scared with the way you reacted. She is ok right ?

Doctor - For now ok. But needs to be taken care of properly. She shouldn't stress herself and as she survived an accident, and clearly NO for long travel for next two months.

Arnav and Kushi looked at eachother.

Arnav - But Doctor we came Delhi for function. We need to return back to West Bengal.

Doctor sighed - Don't make me shout again people. You need to posses atleast this much sensibility. She is pregnant for heaven sake and got hit. You need to be quiet careful with her. We can't take risk with Baby's life. Can we ? She is not travelling untill we are sure that she and baby can go through it.

Arnav sighed - Fine. I will plan something accordingly.

Kushi - Anything else doctor ?

Doctor finally gave a small smile - Nothing. Take care of yourself. And collect your reports reception.

Kushi smiled - Thanks.

She stood up and shaking hands with her Arnav supported Kushi to walk. Doctor watched them sighing. How can people be so careless like this ?

Kushi slowly walked holding Arnav's hands. Arnav also walked along with her holding her safely.

Arnav - Kushi why don't you let me lift you ?

Kushi - Arnav ji.... It's good to walk slowly on flat surface. I have difficulties with stairs only.

Arnav - Whatever....