Chapter 33

A week passed by.... Kushi and Arnav still couldn't get over the fact that Indraneel has left them. Upon hearing the news Arjun and Arohi took the next immediate flight and reached Kushi's home within a day.

Arnav and Kushi together performed all the last rites for Indraneel giving him a best Good bye.

It was one fine night when Kushi was lying on the garden crying her heart out looking at sky. Her father is all she had all her life. Whatever she had all her life was only her father. His love was the only asset she earned all her life. Suddenly him leaving her was not at all easy for her.

Arohi looked at her from distance and went near her.

Arohi - Kushi....

Kushi sat up and wiped her tears.

Arohi - Kushi, I know what you have lost and can understand what you are going through. But you have to collect yourselves. If not for you, atleast for Arnav ji.....

Kushi looked at her without blinking at the mere mention of his name.

Arohi - Kushi you know how this world is..... But he... He has never experienced anything other than being with you and uncle. He has never been to any place other than your office..... And both uncle and office is not with him now..... You can never imagine what he might be going through...... You have to go to him..... He needs you now Kushi.....

Kushi wiped the fresh tears poured from her eyes. Arohi is right...... Arnav might need her support now and she is dwelling on her own misery.

She stood up and went to his room only to see him sitting near window looking at nothing in particular.

She slowly went inside.

Kushi - Arnav ji.....

Arnav jerked and looked at her wiping his tears - Haan Kushi.... You need anything?

She sat beside him and Arnav laid on her lap. She caressed his hairs wiping his tears.

Arnav - You have many memories with him right..... It's me who couldn't spent time with him. He has gone too soon......

Kushi cried and wiped her tears - Arnav ji.... How much ever we cry, we can't do anything. We can't change the truth that Papa is no more. We need to move on from this.

Arnav - Are you trying to act strong for me Kushi ?

Kushi leaned over him - No..... It's just I have accepted the truth.

Arnav - I couldn't forget the state he was in the hospital. It has became my nightmare now. Whenever I close my eyes, all I could see was Uncle.

Kushi - Papa is so lucky that someone loves him this much. But Arnav ji..... We can't keep crying right ?

Arnav looked at her blinking like a little kid. He knew what a pain kushi is going through. But still she chose to stay strong for him. And he..... What is he doing ? Forgetting the fact that his uncle has asked to take care of her, he is troubling her behaving like this.

Arnav wiped his tears and sat up, cupping her cheek - Did you had dinner ?

Kushi shook her head - Shall we go down ? Arjun and Arohi are waiting for us.

Arnav just gave a small nod and both went downstairs. Arjun and Arohi who was waiting for them stood up seeing them both.

They all went down and had their dinner in silence.