Case 3. Password Killer: Chapter 02. Unlucky

Ma Xin and Gong Sun went into the medical examiner's office to examine the body. As everyone else had nothing to do, Bai Yutang stood up and pulled Zhan Zhao. "Come on Cat, let's go to that Normal University."

"Okay." Zhan Zhao stood up and caught up to Bai Yutang. As soon as they got into the elevator, they heard Jiang Ping shout behind him, "Captain!"

Bai Yutang suddenly placed his hand between the closing elevator doors, then went back to the office. "What's the matter?"

He saw Jiang Ping handing him a phone, "It's Ai Hu."

Bai Yutang reached out and took it. "Hello?"

Ai Hu on the other end of the phone said a few words. Bai Yutang frowned and said, "Okay, we'll be right there."

"What's wrong?" Zhan Zhao asked.

"Ai Hu said that someone has just committed suicide in a high-rise office building on Changwen Street." Bai Yutang said. "Let's go and have a look."

"Jumping off a building?" Zhao Hu was a little puzzled. "Why did he want us to look at a suicide case?"

"Well... He said there was something odd." Bai Yutang beckoned to everyone, "We don't have anything to do anyways, so let's go!"

Everyone got up and left Jiang Ping to take care of the SCI office. They drove to an office building on Changwen Street.

Changwen Street was a dense area of high-rise office buildings in S City, where most of the office workers were white-collar people. When SCI arrived, there were already a lot of people. A barrier had been set up to separate the scene from the curious people.

"Captain Bai!" Ai Hu saw Bai Yutang from a distance and ran over.

"Where's the body?" Bai Yutang asked.

"In the square in front of the building." Ai Hu walked them there while saying, "The scene is quite disturbing. According to eyewitnesses, the person fell from more than 20 stories up."

Zhan Zhao and the others frowned after hearing this. This height would completely shatter a body.

Sure enough, when they walked past the barrier, they saw a dead body lying in the huge square. The shoes had fallen far away, while the person had been completely flattened, leaving only flesh.

Everyone frowned deeper.

"What are you showing us?" Bai Yutang asked Ai Hu. "Is it suicide? Shouldn't you be able to handle this?"

"Not that." Ai Hu waved his hand and said, "I want you to see if there is anything weird about this."

Everyone was a little puzzled. Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other before asking Ai Hu, "What do you mean by weird?"

"Well..." Ai Hu thought for a moment and said, "This is the tenth person who has committed suicide in S City this month."

"Huh?" Zhan Zhao was stunned.

"S City has a population of 10 million, so it's normal for 10 to 20 people to commit suicide every month. Doesn't it mean that tens of thousands of people die in the world every year?" Asked Zhao Hu.

"If it's calculated in terms of per month, it is indeed normal." Bai Yutang's eyebrows raised. "However, it's only been a week this month."

Everyone was stunned as they looked at Ai Hu.

Ai Hu nodded and said, "That's why I wanted you guys here. All my colleagues have been getting one of these cases every day. They are all suicides, and it's making us depressed."