Case 1. An Innocent Murderer: Chapter 19. Secret

"En...I know." Zhan Qitian held the steering wheel in one hand and answered the phone with the other, "I've looked at all the places, there's no clue...Should we tell Zhao and Yutang about?"

The car drove slowly into the parking lot. He unfastened his seat belt and listened to the man on the other end of the phone. He slightly sighed, "I'm afraid the children will be in danger because they don't know the inside story."

"Okay...I understand." After closing the car door, Zhan Qitian hung up the phone. He reached out and rubbed his eyebrows, then went to the elevator.

He pressed 11th floor, then stretched out his hand to unbutton the collar button of his shirt to loosen his tie. Zhan Qitian thought about the conversation just now and felt a little irritated for no reason.

The elevator doors opened slowly, and as soon as he stepped out, he was dragged into the stairwell by a hand that stretched out from the side.

In the dimly lit stairwell, Zhan Qitian opened his eyes wide and looked at the person who pushed him against the wall.

The person also stared at Zhan Qitian for a long time, then slowly let go, took a step back and said, "Long time no see."

Zhan Qitian was silent. Then, he turned to leave, but was stopped by that person, "Wait a minute...Has Jue visited you?"

Zhan Qitian stopped and frowned. He turned to look at the person and sneered, "Who is Jue? I've never heard of him."

The person was a bit helpless, "Qitian, it's dangerous for him to run around at a time like this."

Zhan Qitian sorted out his messy clothes, then whispered, "Leave before Chen Yunwen comes back." With that, he pushed the person's hand away and walked back.

The person stood there helplessly for a moment then said, "If you see him, tell him not to run around randomly." With that, the person turned and walked away.

Zhan Qitian walked to the door of his home, then turned to see that the person had walked down the stairs already. He breathed a sigh of relief and said faintly, "Zhao Jue, you can come out."

After a moment of silence, Zhao Jue poked his head out from a passageway on the other side of Zhan Qitian and looked at him with a smile, "I knew you wouldn't tell him."

After Zhan Qitian opened the door, he walked in and Zhao Jue quickly followed. He closed the door behind him, looked around, and asked, "Do I need to change my shoes?"

Zhan Qitian helplessly glanced at him, then went into the living room. He sat down on the sofa and asked, "Why are you running away?"

"I have something important to do." Zhao Jue walked up with a smile and sat next to him, "Is your wife not home?"

"She went out." Zhan Qitian replied, "What are you doing here?"

"Let me stay for two days." Zhao said, "I will leave in two days."

"Huh..." Zhan Qitian sneered, "You have a lot of places where you can hide."

"He will find me anywhere I go." Zhao Jue said slyly, "Except for here. Even if he knows I am here, he wouldn't dare come get me!"

"I don't care about your personal matters." Zhan Qitian stood up and said, "You can leave now."

Zhao Jue sat on the sofa and said slowly, "The kitten has been shot...Do you know about this?"

Zhan Qitian was stunned as he looked back at Zhao Jue.

With a slight smile, Zhao Jue continued in a low voice, "Two days ago, someone delivered a bomb to SCI...If we don't get the thing back, more people will die."

Zhan Qitian was silent for a moment. He picked up the keys, then turned to go out. He said coldly before closing the door, "Leave after two days!" With that, he closed the door and left.

After he left, Zhao Jue wandered around the room and gently opened a window. The room was so warm and clean that it looked like a high school student was living here. The bookshelves on the wall was filled with books. There were many toys on the ground and the bed. There was also a big bear standing in the corner of the room. Stationery was neatly placed on the desk. There were also two frames...One was a family photo, in which Zhan Zhao was only about five or six years old. His parents, who looked handsome and beautiful, held him in their arms. Everyone was smiling happily. The other photo was of Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang when they were in high school. One looked arrogant while the other looked smart. They were also smiling happily.

Zhao Jue stared at the picture for a long time before walking to the bed to lie down. At that moment, a fat cat suddenly jumped on the bed and rubbed against Zhao Jue. It licked his fingers twice, then laid down next to him and began to lick its own fur.