Case 4. Love Murderer: Chapter 05. Trap

Zhang Ying insisted that the information she wanted to confess was very important. She wanted to say it in front of Bao Sir. Also, Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang arranged for someone to protect her, as during this time, someone would try to kill her.

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other. Then, they went into the room to discuss things.

"Xiao Bai, I think this woman is very strange." Zhan Zhao said.

"Mmm..." Bai Yutang nodded and said, "should we ask Bao Sir?"

"Yeah." Zhan Zhao agreed, and then Bai Yutang took out the phone to call Bao Sir. He said he was still at the police station and would come right away.

They hanged up the phone, came out and said to Zhang Ying, "Bao Sir will be here soon." Zhang Ying nodded, turned to Ma Xin and said, "Miss, can you help me to the bathroom?"

"Mmhmm, sure." Ma Xin reached out and helped her up. With the help of Ma Xin, Zhang Ying limped into the bathroom.

Bai Jintang asked Gong Sun, "why don't we go to bed?"

Gong Sun didn't want to. "I need to go back for the autopsy." Then he said to Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao, "Let Ma Xin stay and take care of Zhang Ying. I'm going back to continue the autopsy."

Bai Yutang saw that Bai Jintang was glaring at him, so he quickly said, "Um, Gong Sun, go home and sleep. You can do the autopsy in the morning... It's fine."

Gong Sun shook his head and ignored them, then shouted towards the bathroom, "Ma Xin, I'm heading back first. You stay here. I'll do your part for you as well."

When he finished speaking, he didn't hear Ma Xin answer.

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other. Bai Yutang suddenly jumped up from the sofa and rushed to the bathroom door, knocking on it. "Ma Xin!"

There was no answer at the door.

Bai Yutang stepped back and kicked the bathroom door open. When the door opened, they saw Ma Xin lying in the bathtub. The window was open, and Zhang Ying was missing.

"Ma Xin!" Zhan Zhao hurriedly ran in to check, and saw Ma Xin had fainted, but was unhurt. He sighed with relief.

Bai Yutang climbed up the window on the toilet and looked out. It was empty.

"Wow. This is the eleventh floor!" Xiao Ding said in surprise, "is that sis really Catwoman?"

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao looked at each other. They ran out of the room and went down to the tenth floor. They saw that the room directly below theirs was open.

Bai Yutang took out his gun, flashed in, and heard a muffled sound inside.

The two men followed the sound to the noisy bedroom. Zhan Zhao turned on the light and saw a man lying on the bed, tied up with duct tape wrapped around his mouth.

Bai Yutang searched the room and found that there was no one. He only noticed dried blood on the ground.

"What's going on?" Zhan Zhao tore the tape off the man's mouth, and the man gasped and replied, "Just now... A woman covered in blood broke into my room, tied me up, and left. After a while, the woman came back from the window with bandage on her body."

Bai Yutang put away his gun and rushed downstairs, looking around everywhere. However, there was no one.

When Zhan Zhao saw Bai Yutang's angry face, he came over and said, "Don't worry Xiao Bai, you're not the only one who was fooled... We all trusted her."

Bai Yutang sighed and said, "what on earth is the purpose of doing this? Did she just want us to bandage her wound?"

"Also, what about the clues she said?" Zhan Zhao asked in confusion. "About the other red-lipped killer, the drug lord, and the list of names on the SD card?"