Case 1. An Innocent Murderer: Chapter 16. Assault

"Why are they all pretending to be An Lingli?" Zhan Zhao reached out and tapped gently on his chin, "Was there a problem between this killer and An Lingli? Or did they know each?"

"Also, if she only wanted to use her boyfriend to sneak into the police station...Isn't it riskier pretending to be An Lingli?" A glimmer of interest appeared on Bai Yutang's face, "If she accidently reveals herself, then isn't she looking for trouble?"

"That small policeman..." Zhan Zhao asked, "Could he also be a member of my book club?"

"I'm not sure." Bai Chi said, "But I heard that he was very nice and often went to the elderly community to take care of the lonely elders."

"Oh~~" Zhan Zhao nodded.

"What's the matter cat?" Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao, "You seem to be very interested in that little policeman."

"En." Zhan Zhao nodded, "There's a reason to kill someone. If that fake An Lingli is afraid of being discovered, then there is no reason to kill the policeman and leave Zhang Yankai, right? So, there should be another reason to kill him...Moreover, it might not have been her. The police uniform was taken off...A woman's body should be much smaller...Walking around the police station in a police uniform that doesn't fit her is unnecessary!"

"En." Bai Yutang said to Luo Tian and Bai Chi, "You two go check for any clues that are related to Zhao Jing's parents, and ask Yangyang about the details."

"Yes." Luo Tian left with Bai Chi while carrying Luo Yang in his arms. Bai Yutang called Ma Han and Zhao Hu over, "You two go and find out if there are any special relationships between the deceased."

Ma Han and Zhao Hu were stupefied. They looked at each other and asked Bai Yutang, "Um...Special relationship?"

"Ahem." Bai Yutang coughed softly, "All the deceased have something to do with Fang Wo, while Fang Wo is in a relationship with Yan Li..."

At this point, Bai Yutang paused and looked at the two of them.

They tilted their heads, still confused, "Then what?"

"Chen Jiayi and Qi Le should know more about Yan Li and Fang wo..." Zhan Zhao smiled as he finished the sentence for Bai Yutang, "So, Captain Bai wants you to look for some gossips around here."

Ma Han and Zhao Hu had an unwilling expression, as they looked at Bai Yutang.

Bai Yutang looked up at the sky, avoiding eye contact with them. Then, he told the others, "Everyone else, continue to watch the surveillance videos. As long as the murderer has entered the police station, even things as small as mosquitos will leave a shadow on the surveillance video!" With that, he pulled Zhan Zhao and said, "Come on cat, let's go investigate An Lingli and that small policeman."

When Gong Sun left SCI after work, he thought for a moment. In the end, he pulled over a taxi and went to the International Hotel.

Going straight up to the suite on the top floor, Gong Sun took out his key card and opened the door of the suite where Bai Jintang often stayed.

Gong Sun went in, looked around the room and found it was empty...Was it possible that Bai Jintang had gone back already?

Gong Sun wrinkled his nose, then made a 'humph' sound, before he turned around and left. He went to the elevator and decided to go home to make up for his lack of sleep.

Soon, the elevator doors slowly opened. Gong Sun raised his head, and the first thing he saw was a mask of a robotic cat.

Gong Sun froze. A person wearing a black-hooded jumper stood inside the elevator. This person was not tall and was wearing a robotic cat mask that had small holes where they eyes were located. Gong Sun saw a pair of cold eyes staring at him. The moment their eyes met, Gong Sun felt that this person...was smiling.

The person slowly moved their hands from behind their back and flashed a dagger at Gon Sun. Gong Sun felt a chill go down his back. After pulling out the knife, this person suddenly pounced towards Gong Sun. Although Gong Sun was a little frightened, he was not too flustered. He instinctively flashed aside to avoid the dagger. But before he could come back to his senses, the attacker rushed towards him. Gong Sun was quick witted as he picked up the trash can next to him. The knife landed on the trash can. As the attack was delayed for a moment, Gong Sun took the opportunity to kick the attacker in the knee. Then, he stood up and wanted to run. However, the attacker had sharp eyes and agile movements, and immediately reached out, grabbing Gong Sun's arm.

"Urgh..." The attacker was very strong, as Gong Sun was thrown to the side. He then crashed into the elevator doors.

Gong Sun was shocked by the strong impact and felt dizzy. As the attacker rushed towards him again with the knife, he felt the elevator doors behind him start to open slowly...

The attacker arrived in front of Gong Sun and raised the knife. But before the knife came down, he saw a hand suddenly reach out from inside the elevator and grab the attacker by the collar. The attacker was lifted up and swung towards the ground...

Boom!