Case 3. Password Killer: Chapter 12. Ghost

After Wang Mingli spoke, Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other. They both felt that the teacher's reaction was a little extreme. Wang Mingli also noticed the surprised expressions when the others looked at her. "I'm sorry," she said. "Although it's been a long time since the incident, I still can't let it go."

"Why?" Zhan Zhao asked her.

"Because Hao Mo and I were very good friends." Wang Mingli said without hesitation. "He's not the kind of person who would do such a thing. It was hard for him to live in a dorm with those bastards."

Bai Yutang nodded, turned to look at Bai Fangqin and said, "Principal, Bao Sir mentioned to me that the principal who contacted him was surnamed Zhang."

"Oh..." Bai Fangqin smiled and nodded, "The both of us are actually principals. He is mainly responsible for the management of science and engineering, and I am mainly responsible for liberal arts... We've been partners for years."

"Why did he not come today?" Zhan Zhao asked.

"He went abroad on business yesterday afternoon." Bai Fangqin said, "He's going to a brother school in Australia. He will be back in three days."

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other but did not move. Yesterday afternoon they decided to restart the investigation, and the principal just happened to go abroad on business. It was too much of a coincidence.

Bai Yutang observed everyone and found that asking them questions individually might be more effective than asking everyone together, so he winked at Zhan Zhao, who happened to be thinking the same thing as he said, "About some evidence found that year, we would like to record them in detail. Our police officers will ask you individually. Hope you guys will cooperate."

They looked at each other and nodded. Wang Chao, Ma Han, Zhang Long and Zhao Hu stayed to make a transcript of the questioning. Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao left the teaching building with Gong Sun, Luo Tian and Bai Chi. They wanted to find Bai Jintang and go to the haunted house.

"What is that?" As soon as they left the building, Bai Chi pointed in front of them. There was a large group of people outside the teaching building, as if something had happened.

Bai Yutang frowned and walked over with Zhan Zhao. There were so many students that it was hard for them to squeeze through. They only heard the students ask, "Is it really Zhao Zhen?"

"It is!"

"I want an autograph! I read his book!"

"I've seen him perform live!"

Bai Yutang looked at Bai Chi and said, "Zhao Zhen has been discovered."

Zhan Zhao smiled. "He is quite popular among the students. Do you want to rescue him?"

Bai Chi wrinkled his nose and said, "Don't mind him. He's the one who decided to come out in public." With that, Bai Chi pulled Zhan Zhao away. Gong Sun and Bai Yutang shrugged as they looked at each other.

They walked past the crowd, and as soon as they turned the corner, they heard footsteps behind them. Looking back, they saw that Zhao Zhen had caught up.

Bai Yutang looked at the students who were still surrounded in the distance. Zhao Zhen smiled and patted him on the shoulder. "I used to play football."

"Where are the others?" Zhan Zhao asked.

"Um... I think they went to the haunted house." Zhao Zhen said. As they spoke, everyone arrived right outside the small forest.

"Where are they?" Zhan Zhao looked around and said, "Didn't they say they will wait here?"

"Yeah..." Bai Chi also looked around. He saw the twins running towards them from afar with bread and milk in their hands.