Case 1. An Innocent Murderer: Chapter 15. Girlfriend

Zhang Long and Wang Chao brought the little 'white coat' guy of the forensics department back to SCI, and told Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang what had just happened.

Bai Yutang nodded, pointed to the interrogation room and signaled to take him in. Then, Bai Yutang told Bai Chi and Luo Tian to check the identity of the murdered policeman. Everyone else helped Jiang Ping check all the surveillance videos, while Gong Sun went home to catch up on some sleep. Then, Bai Yutang walked into the interrogation room with Zhan Zhao.

"What's your name?" When Bai Yutang saw that the guy from the forensics department was so nervous that his fingers kept shaking, Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao——Cat, he is very delicate!

Zhan Zhao nodded——You can scare him. I think he will confess after only a few words.

Bai Yutang understood. He moved a stool and sat down in front of the guy to ask him questions in a cold voice.

"Zhang Yankai." The guy answered honestly.

"Zhang Yankai?" Bai Yutang nodded, "How long have you been in the forensics department?"

"I...I just started my internship." Zhang Yankai answered in a low voice as it trembled a little, "Bai...Captain Bai, it has nothing to do with me. I didn't mean it."

Bai Yutang sneered, "Unintentional? Sending the bomb to SCI and now there's a dead policeman on the rooftop...This is unintentional?!"

"No...I didn't know this would happen..." Zhang Yankai quickly argued as his face flushed.

"Take it easy." Zhan Zhao said, "It's useless to get agitated. Tell us the entire story. Do you know the person who delivered the bomb?"

"I...I'm not sure if she's the one who brought the bomb in." Zhang Yankai calmed down a little and said in a low voice, "But...She borrowed my white coat so that she can enter the police station pretending to be someone from the forensics department."

"Who is she?" Bai Yutang asked.

"My girlfriend." Zhang Yankai said, "She and I met at Dr. Zhan's book club...We've been dating for half a year."

"Book club?" Zhan Zhao was puzzled, "Mine?"

"En." Zhang Yankai said with embarrassment, "You probably don't know. There are a lot of people who are fascinated by your book...More than half of the young people in the police station idolize you and Captain Bai...We bought your book, set up a forum and your book club. We would often organize activities and meet a lot of people with same interests."

Zhan Zhao nodded, "The girlfriend you mentioned, what's her name?"

"Her name is An Lingli." Zhang Yankai answered.

"What?!" Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other. Their eyes opened wide as they asked again, "An Lingli?"

"That's right." Zhang Yankai nodded, "Her father is also a policeman, and had worked in this field for many years...But Lingli told me that her father was very opposed to her associating with the police, so she told me not to tell anyone."

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other. They immediately realized that the boy might have been deceived.

Bai Yutang stood up and ran out. It wasn't long before he came in with a picture of An Lingli and asked, "Is this her?"

Zhang Yankai leaned over and looked. He frowned slightly then shook his head, "No."

Zhan Zhao stared at Zhang Yankai's behavior and asked, "Your movements are a little hesitant. Shouldn't you recognize your girlfriend at a glance?!"

Zhang Yankai looked up and said, "No...Lingli is usually very fashionable and often wears a lot of makeup. This person doesn't wear makeup. I was looking at it clearly to see if this is Lingli without makeup...After all, many women look different with and without makeup."

"So you're sure it's not her?" Bai Yutang asked.

"En!" Zhang Yankai nodded, "It's not her."

"Did she not tell you why she wanted to come to the police station?" Bai Yutang went on to ask.

"...All, it's all my fault that I like to show off too much." Zhang Yankai said helplessly, "None of us in the book club has ever seen what Dr. Zhan looks like, as you usually don't appear in front of a camera. Therefore, everyone is very curious about your appearance. Because I knew a long time ago that I would be coming to the police station for an internship, naturally I would be able to see Dr. Zhan. Therefore, I agreed to take pictures of you to show everyone."

"So?" Bai Yutang asked, "Did you take a picture?"

Zhang Yankai shook his head with a wry smile and said, "Actually, in the beginning we all thought that someone with such academic achievements must be an old man, or a middle-aged uncle. Isn't it said that a person's achievement is opposite to their appearance? But...I was shocked I saw Dr. Zhan for the first time." Zhang Yankai blushed a little, "I was so shocked that I wasn't able to take a picture. I wanted to take one later but didn't have many chances to. When I did have a chance, Bai Sir would be there as well...I was a little scared so I never succeeded in taking a photo."

Zhan Zhao glanced at Bai Yutang next to him and saw him glaring back——Damn cat, to what extent have you attracted other people's attention?

Zhan Zhao glanced at him with annoyance——What does it have to do with me? Jealous Xiao Bai.

Bai Yutang became angrier the more he thought about it. He raised his foot and kicked over a stool next to him. Zhan Zhao stared back, but the image of them staring at each other scared Zhang Yankai, who was sitting on the opposite side of the table. He said nervously, "Officers, I really didn't mean to. Because I went back and bragged with them, so it attracted Lingli to come here to take a look at you...As you know, outsiders are not allowed to enter the police station, so I lent her my white coat, allowing her to take a look and then leave as soon as possible...Don't provoke me. I didn't expect this...Why is this happening?"

"Why?" Bai Yutang shook his head, "I also want to know, do you have her contact details?"

"I do!" Zhang Yankai nodded, "I have her phone number and her rental address."

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao asked further questions and found that there was no more information. So, they ordered someone to take Zhang Yankai down to get a sketch of 'An Lingli'.

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao walked out of the interrogation room. They frowned while heading back to the SCI office. The office was very quiet, as everyone was sitting in front of the computer and carefully watching the surveillance videos collected by Jiang Ping. Although the videos were not long, however the police station was very large, so it was not easy to find a suspect.

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao entered the room and went to Jiang Ping.

"Jiang Ping, help me check cat's book club forums." Bai Yutang said to Jiang Ping.

"Oh..." Jiang Ping searched for a while and said dumbfounded, "Wow...Dr. Zhan, there's a lot of information about you!"

"Really?" Zhan Zhao leaned over in surprise.

"They are all book clubs and what not. It seems that there are a lot of people who likes to read your book." Jiang Ping scanned the web pages.

"Um..." She suddenly froze when she was still talking and laughing.

"What's the matter?" Bai Yutang asked, "What have you found?"

"This name..." Jiang Ping looked at a name on the screen that appeared often...'Do Justice For Heaven'.

"'Do Justice For Heaven?!" Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang were shocked. This word had appeared on a note that was stuck on Bai Yutang's car window after the banquet not long ago.

"Do you still remember how we found Lu Liang's forum when we were looking for suspects from the Riper case?" Jiang Ping asked as she pulled up Lu Liang's forum, "Look! This Do Justice For Heaven often posts on here. Also, a couple of people who laugh at Lu Liang often gets attacked."

"Can you find this person's IP address?" Bai Yutang asked, "Even if this person is not the murderer, they are at least an insider. Try to locate this person!"

"Okay, I'll try!" Jiang Ping got busy.

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao stood up. Then, they heard a young voice coming from the door, "Dad...I saw the news. Are you guys okay?!" With a crisp voice, Yangyang rushed in with his schoolbag on his back and his head covered in sweat.

"Yangyang..." Zhao Hu, who sat near the door, saw Yangyang come in. Zhao Hu hugged him and gave him a fierce kiss, "Let your uncle heal. It was scary today!"

Ma Han raised his foot and kicked him, "What are you talking about?!" As he said that, he reached out and touched Yangyang's head, "Don't worry, everyone is all right thanks to your father!"

"Really?" Yangyang breathed a sigh of relief. He turned and saw Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang standing there, while everyone else seemed to be busy. The entire SCI was also a mess. "What are you guys doing?" Yangyang asked, "Have you eaten yet? I will go buy food."

The tense atmosphere inside SCI was instantly eased with Yangyang's arrival. In fact, Zhao Hu was absolutely right. Yangyang was now the mascot of SCI. As soon as everyone sees his smiling face and hears his laughter, it was possible to forget about the complicated cases and cruel criminals...He really was like a cure!

Zhan Zhao leaned over to pinch Yangyang's face and saw that the little guy seemed to be in low spirits. "What's the matter?" Zhan Zhao asked, "Did you get bullied?"

"No..." Luo Yang shook his head, sat down on the sofa and whispered, "Fang Xing has transferred to another school."

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao were stunned.

"His father has been proven innocent." Luo Yang said, "So I thought he would come back to school, but he hasn't come back since he left. Today, the teacher told me that his father had transferred him to another school yesterday."

"Where did he go?" Zhan Zhao asked curiously.

"He has gone abroad." Yangyang said in a disappointed tone, "And it's very far away. He went to Italy...Maybe we might never see each other again."

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang were in a daze. When thinking of the black Bentley and then Italy, they felt their temples start to hurt. They decided not to think about it anymore.

"Also, Jingjing's illness is still not cured." Luo Yang leaned cross-legged on the sofa and reached out to pinch the corner of his clothes, "She's still the same. Everything she sees, she places them into I LOVE YOU."

"You go see Zhao Jing all the time?" Zhan Zhao wondered, "Did she talk to you?"

"En." Luo Yang nodded and said proudly, "I have become good friends with her. She doesn't talk to adults, only to me."

"What did she tell you?" Bai Yutang sat next to him and asked, "Did she talk about her parents?"

"Yes." Luo Yang nodded, as his expression became darker, "Jingjing's parents said they were going away, so they left her at her uncle's house. However, after her parents left, they only left a note for her and never showed up again."

"No wonder!" Zhang Long on the side chimed in, "We've been looking for her parents for a long time, but we can't find them."

"What was left on the note?" Zhan Zhao asked.

"Just the words I LOVE YOU!" Yangyang replied, "Otherwise, Jingjing wouldn't have put everything she sees into I LOVE YOU."

"What?!" Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at Luo Yang in shock.

"What...What are you guy doing?" Luo Yang felt a bit strange as he looked at everyone, "Is there something wrong?"

"Yangyang!" Bai Yutang squatted down and said earnestly to Luo Yang, "Tell us everything Zhao Jing has said to you.Also, help us ask Zhao Jing about her parents."

"...Ok" Yangyang nodded hesitantly. At this moment...

"Captain! Brother!" Luo Tian and Bai Chi, who went out to check the identity of the murdered police officer, ran back. They seemed to have made some remarkable discovery!

"What's wrong?" When Bai Yutang saw them, he knew something was wrong.

"There's something strange!" Luo Tian picked up Luo Yang, who had pounced towards his legs, and said to Bai Yutang, "The little policeman's name is Wang Liyong. He only just became a policeman."

"En." Bai Yutang nodded, "Is there something wrong with him?"

"Not him." Bai Chi continued, "But his best friend said...He got a girlfriend recently."

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao were stunned at the word 'girlfriend'.

"No way..." Bai Yutang asked with a smile, "Is his girlfriend's name An Lingli?"

It was Bai Chi and Luo Yang's turn to be dumbfounded. They asked with surprise at the same time, "How did you know?"

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao sighed. They looked at each other, unable to speak.