Case 1. An Innocent Murderer: Chapter 25. Secret

At 5am, Bai Yutang was woken up. Xiao Bai was awakened by a breathing sound and a creaking sound of something turning on the bed.

Slightly opening his eyes, Bai Yutang glanced at Zhan Zhao, who was 'busy' next to him, "Cat, what are you doing?"

Zhan Zhao was in a strange state as his eyes were closed. Bai Yutang knew that Zhan Zhao would not open his eyes before 7am. However, Zhan Zhao's head was buried in his pillow. It seemed like he was uncomfortable as he kept turning over and over again. His hand was also unconsciously rubbing his leg.

Bai Yutang found it to be interesting, so he woke up and turned around to look at Zhan Zhao attentively.

Zhan Zhao was not aware of this as he kept moving.

Did cat dream about something? Bai Yutang wondered, as he reached out and gently nudged Zhan Zhao, "Cat, what's wrong?"

Zhan Zhao turned over again while whispering, "It's itchy..."

"Itchy?" Bai Yutang was a little surprised as he pulled Zhan Zhao over to him to check, "Where does it itch? Were you bitten by a mosquito or something?"

After Zhan Zhao was pulled over by Bai Yutang, he was still moving around. Bai Yutang observed carefully and found that Zhan Zhao was trying to scratch his leg...This meant it was his leg that was itchy. After looking at it for a while, Bai Yutang realized that it was the wound on Zhan Zhao's injured leg that was beginning to heal. This was why cat found it itchy. Shaking his head helplessly, Bai Yutang got up, took out an ice pack from the refrigerator and applied it gently around Zhan Zhao's injured leg.

Sure enough, Zhan Zhao immediately settled down. Bai Yutang laid down, put the ice bag in a cup on the bedside table, then held Zhan Zhao in his arms to stop him from grabbing his leg.

Just like that, every time when Zhan Zhao moved, Bai Yutang would apply the ice bag on his wound. This continued until morning.

"You're awake?" Bai Yutang reached out and poked Zhan Zhao's cheek, "What do you want for breakfast?"

Zhan Zhao looked up at Bai Yutang. After waking up, Zhan Zhao suddenly sat up, "What time is it?!"

"Whoa...Cat, it would be good if you are normally this active when you wake up." Bai Yutang was able to avoid bumping into Zhan Zhao.

"C'mon! Let's drive to Uncle An's old home." Zhan Zhao quickly got dressed and was ready to get out of bed.

"It's only 7am." Bai Yutang was puzzled, "What are we going to find this early in the morning?"

"Uncle An's old home is in the countryside." Zhan Zhao said while putting on his clothes, "We will go there."

"Didn't his parents pass away a long time ago?" Bai Yutang asked.

"We're not going to find his parents." Zhan Zhao smiled, "We are going to find his wife's parents!"

.......

An hour later, Bai Yutang drove Zhan Zhao to Uncle An's old home, which was a small area on the outskirts of S City.

"Uncle An's wife is Chang Xiaoyan. Her mother has passed away. She only has her father left who lives in the South." Bai Yutang looked at the information Jiang Ping looked up and added to what Zhan Zhao said, "The old man is 77 years old this year. Cat, let's not agitate him later. He might not know that An Lingli is dead."

"Got it." Zhan Zhao nodded. "I want to ask him something else."

Inside the police forensics room.

Gong Sun was looking at all the corpses from the previous cases when someone knocked on the door. Zhao Hu and Ma Han rushed in.

Just when the two of them were about to say something, they saw some white milky objects in the two cups that were in front of Gong Sun. The two men asked nervously, "Gong Sun..."

"What?" Gong Sun picked up the two cups, scooped one spoon into his mouth, chewed it, and then swallowed it.

The two immediately felt their stomach churn as they stared at the two cups and asked Gong Sun, "This...What is it?"

Gong Sun glanced at them and said, "Brain."

"Brain..." The two men swallowed their saliva, "Who's brain..."

Gong Sun didn't know whether to laugh or cry, "Tofu's."

"Phew..." The two of them sighed with relief.

"What are you two doing here? Being so sneaky." Gong Sun pushed his glasses up and asked.

"Oh...Just now, we went to Uncle An's locker and found a hat that Uncle An had worn and forgot to take it back with him." Zhao Hu said, taking out his hand from behind his back that was holding a hat. It was the type that old men wore when they slept. "Maybe Uncle An wore it when he stayed up late working."

"Why did you bring this here?" Gong Sun was puzzled.

Ma Han held out his other hand and showed it to Gong Sun. He was holding a piece of hair. "We found some of his hair on the hat...And we have An Lingli's body, right?"

Gong Sun frowned slightly and asked, "You two want me to compare An youdao's DNA to An Lingli's?"

Zhao Hu and Ma Han nodded.

"Why?" Gong Sun was slightly puzzled, "You guys are suspecting that they are not father and daughter?"

"Dr. Zhan seems to be very concerned about Uncle An." Zhao Hu whispered, "However, doing this is breaking the rules..."

Gong Sun looked at the two coldly, reached for the hair and pushed his glasses up, "Rules? What rules? In the medical examiner's office, I am the rule!" With that, he turned around to do a DNA comparison.

Just when the two of them were about to walk out, Ma Han suddenly stopped and pointed to a new glass cabinet next to the door. "Hu Zi, look at that!" He exclaimed.

When Zhao Hu looked closer, he saw that the glass cabinet was very exquisite, and had materials neatly arranged. There were a few 'art works' among the materials, which included a heart-shaped ashtray, and a lighter shaped like a finger. There was also a flowerpot shaped like a skull, and two curled water bamboos growing out from two black holes of two eyes. There were four oranges on a plate in the shape of the pelvis, with a skull painted with a black marker on each orange. There was also a large row of voodoo dolls of different shapes, and behind the cabinet on the wall was a poster with curses.