Case 1. An Innocent Murderer: Chapter 18. Reminder

Bai Chi and Luo Tian went to investigate the nursery home. They asked the volunteers who often worked here whether they had seen a small policeman named Wang Liyong before.

The volunteers nodded their heads, saying that he often came here to take care of an old man named Zou Mo.

"Zou Mo?" Bai Chi asked, "We want to ask him some questions. Can you take us to see him?"

Several volunteers laughed, "Ask him questions? It's impossible to get anything from him."

"What do you mean?" Luo Tian was puzzled.

"The old man is deaf, dumb and disabled." A volunteer said, "He won't be able to answer any of your questions."

"What?" Bai Chi was surprised, "How could this be..."

"Retribution." A volunteer sighed and said helplessly, "He had done too many bad things when he was young, so naturally he will receive retribution when his older. Even if he does not pay for what he did, his future generations will be have to pay."

"What did he do when he was young?" Luo Tian asked.

"He was a murderer." Several volunteers said, "I heard that he was a murderer who committed all kinds of crimes and had killed a lot of people. Later, he was sentenced to life. But he became paralyzed, so he was released and placed here to die. No one wanted to visit him except that little policeman and his girlfriend."

"He has a girlfriend?" Bai Chi was surprised, "Do you guys remember what his girlfriend looks like?"

Several volunteers looked at each other and nodded, "We remember. She wore a lot of makeup but was pretty."

Bai Chi immediately arranged for the police officers to take them back to the police station to get a sketch of the girlfriend. He and Luo Tian then went to see the old man, Zou Mo.

Zou Mo was indeed very old. He had lost all his teeth and was paralyzed from the neck down. He laid expressionless on the bed with his eyes open.

Bai Chi asked the doctor there and determined that the old man really did not have the ability to cooperate with the police, so he left the ward helplessly.

As they walked out of the ward, Bai Chi noticed Luo Tian's sad expression. He seemed to be in a bad mood. Bai Chi thought he was worried about Zhan Zhao and said, "Don't worry, my brother is all right. Didn't you just ask about his condition?"

"Um...I know. " Luo Tian bitterly laughed twice and said lightly.

"Then you...Why are you unhappy?" Bai Chi looked at Luo Tian.

"The old man earlier...He's end is terrible. He deserved it, but I don't know if his future generations will have to pay for what he did." Luo Tian said with disappointment.

Bai Chi finally understood. Luo Tian was worried that little Yangyang will be affected in the future because he had killed people in the past. Bai Chi helplessly shook his head. Big Ding and Little Ding was right. Luo Tian was a new generation's super dad.

Bai Chi raised his hand and patted Luo Tian on the shoulder, "Then do you think saving a life can benefit your future generation?" Bai Chi said with a smile.

Luo Tian was slightly stunned. He nodded blankly and said, "It should..."

"How many people have you saved in just a few days?" Bai Chi asked him, "And, the people you saved are not just anyone, so stop worrying! Look at how proud little Yangyang is!"

Luo Tian was relieved and nodded, "You're right..."

"Let's take a walk around the nursery home." Bai Chi said, "Maybe there will be some clues."

"En." Luo Tian nodded. Then, the two of them split up as one went East and one went West to look around the nursery home.

Bai Chi met some volunteers along the way and asked them about Zou Mo, Wang Liyong and his girlfriend. The responses were the same as no new information was provided. Bai Chi walked back, feeling a little dishearted. After walking around a corner, he was suddenly pulled in by someone.

"Ah..." Bai Chi was startled. He turned around and someone he had not seen in a while appear in front of him. That person put his hand on Bai Chi's mouth and whispered, "Don't make a sound!

"Zhao...Zhao..." Bai Chi opened his mouth in surprise and looked at the man in front of him...His hair had grown a little longer as it reached his chest. His face was a little pale and thin, and the young and handsomeness of his age could not be seen——Zhao Jue.

Bai Chi eventually calmed down and noticed that Zhao Jue was dressed very strangely. He only wore a white shirt and a pair of white trousers, which looked like household clothes. He wore a pair of slippers, and on the wrist of the hand that covered Bai Chi's mouth, there was a beautifully decorated platinum bracelet with a long chain, which seemed to be broken.

"You..." Bai Chi looked at the bracelet on Zhao Jue's wrist in surprise...It was more like handcuffs with a chain.

When Zhao Jue saw that Bai Chi had finally calmed down, he let go and hugged Bai Chi, then whispered with grief, "I'm very hungry. Do you have anything to eat?"

"Food..." Bai Chi was still shocked at Zhao Jue's sudden appearance, so he blankly went through his bag, found a bag of bear biscuits and gave them to Zhao Jue.

Zhao Jue took it and tore open the bag. He sat down by the wall and looked at Bai Chi, "I can't open it."

Bai Chi took the bag, opened it, then handed it over to Zhao Jue. Bai Chi squatted down and sat next to him. "How did you become like this?" Bai Chi asked.

"I escaped!" While eating the biscuits, Zhao Jue said aggrieved, "I've been waiting here all day. Why did you guys arrive only now? If I waited another day, I would have starved to death. However, I thought that kitten was going to come. Why are you here?"

"He was supposed to." Bai Chi took out a half-bottle of coke. He took the cap off and gave it to Zhao Jue, "Are you thirsty?"

Zhao Jue took two sips of the coke, "What do you mean he was supposed to? What about cat? I haven't seen him for ages, and that little tiger from the Bai family."

"Brother is injured." Bai Chi held his chin in his hands and said gloomily, "He was shot at the bottom of the mountain."

...Zhao Jue was stunned. He looked at Bai Chi with the coke bottle in his hand, then asked after a long moment of silence, "Which brother? Where was he injured?"

"Zhan..." As soon as Bai Chi said the word 'Zhan', Zhao Jue smashed the coke bottle on the floor and said angrily, "I knew that guy named Bai was unreliable!"

"Um...The injury is not serious, and the assailant has been caught by brother." Bai Chi hastened to explain, while saying in his heart——my surname is also Bai.

Zhao Jue continued to eat the cookies angrily, as if he had something on his mind.

"You...Why did you run away?" Bai Chi whispered to Zhao Jue, "Also, why are you waiting for us here?"

"I can't go find you guys, so I could only wait here." Zhao Ju pouted, "If I get caught, I won't be able to run away anymore."

"Who...Who wants to catch you?" Bai Chi noticed that under Zhao Jue's open collar, there were traces of light pink patches on his fair skin. After thinking about it, Bai Chi's face turned red.

Seeing the change on Bai Chi's face, Zhao Jue suddenly laughed and said, "Oh...You've grown up little guy."

"Don't talk nonsense." Bai Chi glared at him, "You haven't answered my questions!"

"Ah..." Zhao Jue returned the rest of the bear biscuits to Bai Chi, "I have some words I want you to pass on for me."

"What words?" Bai Chi asked.

"Help me tell Zhao Zhen to be careful when he is doing magic tricks." Zhao Jue said, standing up, "I should go."

"You...Is that all? " Bai Chi was surprised.