Case 4. Love Murderer: Chapter 07. Art Gallery

In the afternoon, Zhan Zhao, Bai Yutang, Luo Tian and Bai Chi arrived at the art gallery in S City. There was a total of three galleries in S City. One was the international gallery, while another was the national gallery. These two were state-owned, and often held a variety of high-level art exhibitions all year round. The third was the gallery collection, which was the one they went to. It was privately owned, and mostly displayed private collections from private collectors. It even had weekly auctions.

Generally speaking, S City was a very artistic city. A lot of antique jade shops and other galleries had opened in the area, converging Chinese and Western cultures. The art street was full of small workshops, which brought together a large number of folk artists and skilled craftsmen, showing their unique skills from time to time.

Luo Tian seldom walked around this part of S City, so he was surprised to see the bustling scene in the distance. "Wow, this place is great," he said. "I should really find a chance to take Yang Yang here for a stroll. He has recently begun to take an interest in drawing."

"Really?" Bai Chi asked curiously, "Yang Yang likes drawing?"

"Mmhmm." Luo Tian nodded, opened his wallet and showed it to Bai Chi. Inside was a picture of Yang Yang and Luo Tian. Yang Yang was holding a picture mounted in a frame. Although it was difficult to see what the drawing was, the colour was very bright. It seemed very artistic.

"Yang Yang became infatuated with drawing ever since he won first prize in the school drawing competition." Luo Tian put away his wallet with a smile and said, "it's a pity that I don't know anything about it. I was just thinking about taking him to an art gallery this weekend."

"He is quite artistic." Zhan Zhao glanced at the painting and exclaimed.

"But I'm afraid that he will lose interest quickly. Last month, he said he wanted to study law, last week he said he wanted to be a doctor, and this week he said he wants to be an artist." Luo Tian said smiling.

The other three raised their eyebrows while looking at him. "He seems to be showing off his son." They all muttered in their hearts.

"Why don't I adopt a child too?" Bai Chi touched his chin and said. "Since Zhao Zhen can't give birth either... why don't we adopt a daughter?"

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at Bai Chi as they walked to the entrance of the gallery. "Have you discussed this with Zhao Zhen?"

Bai Chi nodded. "He said no, and that we have to wait until we're over 60 years old."

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang asked curiously, "60?"

"Yep." Bai Chi replied. "He said he'll retire after 60, and then we will be able to raise a child. If he raises one now, the child might die, as he can't even look after himself and Li Siben."

Bai Yutang didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He turned to Zhan Zhao and saw that he was frowning. It was unknown what he was thinking.

"What are you thinking, Cat?" Bai Yutang asked. "Do you want to adopt a child as well?"

Zhan Zhao wrinkled his nose. "It's better to have a baby lion than a human baby." As he spoke, he opened his wallet.

Bai Yutang leaned over to have a look. He was speechless. Zhan Zhao had a picture of them in his wallet, with the cut out of a little white lion in the middle.

While everyone was talking, they walked into the gallery. Bai Yutang told the receptionist that they had come to investigate the case of the missing famous paintings. The receptionist asked the security guard to take them to the scene of the theft and told Bai Yutang that Li Hao would not be here for half an hour.