Chapter III

September 1, 1995
Platform 9 3/4

Having spent the last month being in a formal betrothal to Harry Potter, of all people, Daphne was pleasantly surprised by how much she was growing to enjoy her relationship.

Harry was very apprehensive about making their relationship known, but she was very insistent and compelling in her argument of having Harry escort her today.

Did she understand where Harry was coming from? Yes, he was quickly growing to care for her, just as she was her. Now, their understanding of their feelings was another conversation.

Although, Daphne didn't let that deter her as she walked with Harry, her arm looped around his, down the platform. It did not escape her that Harry stood tall, his chest out slightly.

"You seem proud to have me on your arm, Harry." She pointed out in a low voice, a hint of amusement to her tone.

Harry, for all of his being, gave her a simple nod of his head, "Of course I am, should I not be?"

She tilted her head slightly, "And why are you proud?" She questioned him.

"Because I'm escorting a beautiful and highly intelligent young woman, who just happens to be my intended." His rebuttal was simple as if it was obvious.

His nonchalance flustered her, causing the tips of her ears and cheeks to become brushed with a slight pink hue. This earned Harry a swat at his chest as he gave his grin.

============================

For his part, Harry knew that they were the center of attention, and so he led them onto the train without any preamble. He led the way toward a compartment in the middle of the train.

He wanted to avoid both Slytherin and Gryffindor ends of the train, although he was prepared for the annual Malfoy visit.

Their company was swiftly filled with Neville and Susan, both of whom entered and greeted them before sitting on the opposite bench.

"Are you worried about Ron's reaction to you two, Harry?" Neville spoke up, trying to strike up a conversation.

Shaking his head, Harry took hold of Daphne's hand, before looking at his cousin, "Weasley will be dealt with in due course if he has any issues with my betrothal."

Having never witnessed this new side to Harry, Daphne looked at him in slight shock.

After a quick moment, she unconsciously squeezed his hand gently and a small smile graced her lips.

============================

It wasn't until roughly halfway through the trip to Hogsmeade Station that the compartment door was torn open.

Standing in the doorway, Draco Malfoy sneered at Harry, having not noticed the others present. Crabbe and Goyle stood behind him, seeming to notice the others before Draco, as they leaned back slightly.

Neither large boy wanted to try Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom at the same time. They showed rare intelligence as they regarded them cautiously, especially since the aforementioned young men seemed to ignore them casually.