Chapter XXVII

Harry had worked with Cyrus to get the Greengrass, Bones, Longbottoms, and Blacks together for a clan dinner on Tuesday, the first of October. Cyrus was only told that Harry and Daphne had news, and none of the young adults would tell their parents if they knew.

Daphne invited the Grangers and Buckul families to the dinner, saying that they should know as well.

Harry told the Clan that it was a semi-formal event and to dress comfortably. As such, Harry and Daphne were now seated at the large dining table of Potter Manor. The ornate dark oak matched the rest of the wood throughout the home.

Harry was dressed in simple black slacks, his shirt being loose but fitted. Daphne wore a simple, gentle purple dress. They both wore comfortable robes.

None of their friends were able to get a pass to join them, but Harry and Daphne were pleasantly surprised to receive a letter that morning from Hades and Persephone. They expressed their congratulations on the start of their family.

Harry's mind came back to the moment. Cyrus and Anna sat on Harry's left beside Daphne. Petunia took the opposite head of the table, with Amelia and Augusta on her left and right. The Grangers and Buckuls sat between Anna and Augusta.

On Harry's right sat Arcturus, Cassandra, Andromeda, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Nymphadora with a small baby bump, and then Remus. The werewolf was sat between his wife and Amelia.

Only Andromeda knew for sure why they were all gathered, and the young couple could tell that Remus was catching on. The longer he was around Daphne he caught a scent similar to Nymphadora. He gave a questioning look toward Harry before his eyes widened in realization. He promptly sat back, not about to ruin their announcement.

A dinner of roast duck, steamed fried vegetables, baked rice, pasta with a thick cream sauce, baked rolls of swirling rye, and potatoes that looked to have been boiled before being mashed open and baked was served. It was paired with the nonalcoholic Elven wine.

It was a pleasant affair with small talk over dinner. Spats between Arcturus and Augusta filled the table with laughter. Harry asked how everyone was coming along in their training.

Cassie wasn't only helping Bella's mind in leaps and bounds, but she was also helping train Nymphadora's footwork.

"It's no good for a pregnant metamorph to stumble. The worst accidents are easily avoidable," She shrugged.

Luckily for Harry, he wasn't a born metamorph. Yes, he was one, but through the help of his Black ring and long hours of training.

"My pregnancy seems to be more rapid than normal," Nymphadora said, her hand rubbing her swollen stomach.

"I'm sure it has everything to do with Remus," Harry reasoned simply.

Daphne nodded lightly, "My own will be longer than most. Wild Mages take a little bit more time."

"You're pregnant?!" Cyrus choked in shock.

Anna smiled at her daughter, "How did you find out?"

"The same way Remus did," Daphne said lightly.

Harry explained further, "Pregnancy enhances and sweetens a woman's natural scent. It's a slow and gradual change, so I didn't notice until Saturday. We went to Pomfry first thing."

"Poppy certainly knows a thing or two about pregnant students," Augusta agreed with a look towards Arcturus.

The man gave a snort, "That witch was a blessing when I found out that Cygnus was going to have Andromeda in his sixth year."

This seemed to cause the trio of sisters to sputter, having not known how young their parents were when they happened.

"Mother was only an OWL student?" Bellatrix asked her grandfather.