Chapter XXII

Draco sighed as he sat in the lounge of Number Twelve. His cousin had married a few days ago and he was now thinking about how to ask someone out.

Bellatrix came into the room, having just had a session with a mind healer. "Nephew," She said to him lightly, her voice cracked. He looked up, giving her a slight smile.

"How are you doing, Aunt Bella?" He asked her, motioning to a seat close to him.

She took the seat and let out a heavy breath. She inhaled slowly, "I'm just drained, I'll be alright. What's on your mind?"

Bellatrix had transformed from the psychotic bint she was into a mentally broken and emotionally drained woman. Thinks were uncovered in her mind that were truly horrible. The Healer started with the most recent happenings, Azkaban.

She had spent over ten years in the company of the Dementors. They sucked away her emotions, leaving the hate, anger, and disgust within her. She had spent so long having them feed on her childhood and happiness.

However, the foul creatures couldn't take two things from her. Her love of her family and attraction of the mind. She was still a purist, as that was how she was raised, but she was truly attracted to the mind of others.

"I'm thinking about a girl, but I'm not sure how to ask her out," He told her honestly.

"What do you like about her?" She asked him.

Draco's lips pulled into a soft smile, a sigh on his lips, "Everything? She's this brilliant, beautiful, and brave young woman that'd loyal to a fault."

He paused, his features turning heavy, "I insulted and bullied her because of something that she had no control over and was ignorant of our ways. Harry's helped me a lot, and he's had this young woman standing by him since our first year." He ran his hand through his hair, sighing, "Ever since he saved us, I've apologized and paid penance for my sins against her. She's helped me in so many ways. I want to do right by her and make her feel special."

"Then you're already doing wonderful, Draco," Bellatrix told him. "You were saved before it was too late, given the means to apologize. You can't understand just how wonderful that is yet, but you will one day."

With clouded eyes, she reached out and took his hand, "You're going to be alright, even when you don't think you will be. If this young woman is as you describe her, then she will be a credit to you for simply knowing her."

Draco breathed a sigh of relief, thankful for her advice. Even when off her rocker Bellatrix was still who he sought for help. She had maintained her complex mind in insanity.

Draco called Kreacher for tea and snacks before they settled back into the chairs.

Bellatrix gave him a playful smirk, "Do I get to know the young witch's name?"

"You already do," He answered, causing her to think deeply.

She thought of what she knew about his friend group and how he described the witch. She blinked twice in realization before looking at him strongly, "Hermione Granger, a muggleborn?"

"Miss Hermione Granger, first of her line under Clan Potter," Draco corrected her.

She scoffed, "Why worry about asking her out if you've been having Harry help you?"

"Because she's making me fall in love with her, Aunt Bella," Draco returned softly.

Bellatrix waved him off, "You show her proper respect. You approach her as yourself, with no masks of any kind. She would want to be able to see the look in your eyes, your face. If she doesn't feel the same then you reassure her that even if your relationship changes, you will respect her wishes."