Chapter XLVII

Remus was sat at the kitchen table in Number Twelve, paper in hand. He had just poured two cups of gray tea when his wife entered the room with their son. The werewolf had already made breakfast as she tented to little Theodore.

"Good morning," He smiled at the baby boy. He was answered by being given a smile and having a raspberry blown at him. Nymphadora could only chuckle and shake her head. "We slept pleasantly, thank you, Teddy."

Nymphadora placed the babe into a bassinet before sitting at the table. Her smile was bright as she let out warm laughter at her husband and son. Remus gave her a warm and innocent smile as if he didn't converse with their baby like he was older, "Good morning, Love."

She rolled her eyes from behind her mug, using it to hide her loving grin, "Good morning, dear." She loved the antics of the werewolf, both man and wolf. Well, lycanthropy was more complex than just a man and wolf sharing body and mind. Nymphadora has witnessed the wolf side of Remus throughout her pregnancy and these early months of their son's life.

They found that Remus was extremely possessive and highly touch oriented when she was pregnant. They had taken measures for the first full moon after her labor and she awake roughly around three in the morning to tend to Teddy, only to be startled by what she woke to. Remus, in his wolf form, had managed to get into their chambers, somehow, and had everything she needed to clean the babe on the foot of their bed. He was standing over the Moses basket when he was barely a month old. His head was bent into the basket, growling into the boy's stomach.

Nymphadora was ready to smack the wolf something rotten until the bubbling giggles reached her ears. Teddy was being tickled by his werewolf father. She had sat up carefully in the bed, not wanting to startle the wolf. She watched as her son held onto Remus' snout and cooed up at him. She had thought that she couldn't love the man any deeper until she saw that. How could she not fall into a deeper level of love for him? She had to nearly harass him just for him to give her a chance and now, here he was, playing with their cub as the wolf he disliked so.

She was shaken from her mind as the small form of Hermione's otter Patronus took shape on their table. Her voice flowed through it, worry laced through her tone, "Professor Lupin, we're coming home early. Something happened to Draco between going to sleep and waking up this morning, it's some kind of bite. Do you mind if we come over?"

The couple looked at each other in worry. Draco was her cousin and they had been able to grow close during their times training and studying under Harry. "Of course, you can. And I'm not your professor anymore, you know," Remus confirmed and joked, knowing Hermione was in the habit of calling him such when she was particularly bothered.

It was just before noon that the newlyweds arrived out of the floo. Hermione was the visage of worry, holding her husband's arm. Draco didn't look off but Remus noticed his eyes looked a different shade of gray. They were nearly silver. His scent was slightly different as well, something that Remus had to wrack his mind about. "Hello, you two. Do you mind if I look Draco over before we settle for some tea?" Remus asked in pleasantries.

Draco led Hermione to sit down before he removed his robes. He unbuttoned his cuff and rolled his sleeve to his elbow. He presented his arm forward, showing his wrist and forearm. Remus took hold of his hand, studying the bite mark. His eyes traced the lines of his veins that were concentrated on his right wrist and forearm. He hummed lightly.

"It's a werewolf bite, I know that," Remus mused lightly. He stepped back from Draco, sliding his wand into his hand. His questioning look was answered with a nod of permission. He began to wave his wand in intricate patterns and swirls, casting several spells. The spells caused his arm to glow with soft hues of color.