Chapter XXXV

As the Atrium was flooded with cloaked figures, Clan Potter was able to keep everyone calmed down. It would no good to cause a panic. That was a Death Eaters playground.

A dark laughter and loud clapping sounded. The hiss of a serpent rang out. The Dark Lord had arrived.

"Harry Potter," Voldemort's voice was a gentle hiss. "It's some time since I've seen you. How old were you then, thirteen, fourteen?"

Harry heaved a heavy sigh, his family spread around him. Draco, Blaise, and Neville had their hands rested on their swords.

"Have you got more people to die at my feet, Harry?" Voldemort laughed harshly.

Harry had still yet to say anything. His arm was squeezed by Daphne, she gave him a soft look. "It'll be alright, Mo ghràdh," Harry assured her.

Voldemort just now seemed to notice that Harry and his party were calm and collected. His eyes took in the swollen stomach of the woman hanging on Harry's arm. He momentarily looked shocked.

Harry Potter was going to be a father?

Oh that changed things, changed them greatly. Voldemort's face lit in a feral grin.

"Harry Potter, I find that our last duel was less than entertaining," He hissed lowly. "Shall we have another?"

Harry seemed to think for a moment before giving a grin, "A duel needs an official, don't you think? We're in luck that one just so happens to be here."

Voldemort watched as a woman who he thought to be dead walked up. The sight of Rosilin Evans, wearing a mask of utter fury, shook him slightly. Her blazing green eyes brought him back to a memory of a man who killed hundreds of his followers to avenge his children.

"Ah, Ms. Evans," He said smoothly. "Have you been to visit your father and siblings?"

A sharp hiss promising a painful death left her lips. She glared strongly at him, her magic radiating from her, "This will be an official duel. The rules are all spells and until one can no longer cast."

She took a bag of rune stones from her pocket, banishing them into a large circle around Harry and Voldemort.

Harry walked Daphne outside the circle, handed her arm to Cyrus, and them returned. Rosie gave a soft hiss, causing the runes to flare to life.

A dome of shimmering green materialized around them before becoming transparent.

"Opponents, at the ready," She hissed out.

Voldemort drew his Yew and Phoenix feather wand as Harry drew his sword. Voldemort noted that his new wand was swirls of purple and black with red webbing. It was an unusual wand, but a detail of no consequence.

He was wary about his sword though. It seemed to thrum with magic. From Harry's stance, he knew how to use the weapon well.

The gathered crowd in the Atrium watched with bated breath for what was about to happen.

Rosie let out a slow breath, "Begin!"

The spell to leave Voldemort's wand was the Crusiatus. Harry cleaved through the spell and returned fire with a powerful blasting hex. The spellfire was traded back and forth between the two in colorful beams.

Voldemort used Shielding Charms strongly while Harry dodged, sliced, or deflected spells. Neither could hit the other, but everyone could see that Voldemort was only toying with him, only just though. The longer they traded spells the more serious the Dark Lord grew.

For those that were in the know, Daphne especially, knew that Harry was holding back greatly. He was being mindful of his power and of his lion. He was being mindful of every spell he cast. Every action he took was precise and measured.