Chapter XLIII

"Hermione, you're going to be fine," Seamus laughed at his fellow lion.

She was panicking about the exams, "We are going to be taking some of our NEWTs tomorrow, how can you be so calm about it?"

"Because we've been studying and training with you, babe," Draco said from behind her. His arms wrapped around her and pulled her back into his chest. "Take a breath and collect yourself. Harry and Daphne should be the most worried, they are graduating."

"And they just had Kairos as well," Blaise pointed out.

Hermione turned around and hugged Draco. She buried her face into his chest. She only stood at his shoulder, something that was common in their group. His hand came up to rest on her head, gently massaging her scalp.

It soothed her.

============================

The day of June twenty-second was a bright day. There was barely a cloud in the sky but there were warm winds. That morning during breakfast the castle was ordered to spend the day relaxing. There was no point in stressing about last-minute studies.

She might have been the brightest witch of their age, but she stressed a lot. Well, technically, Daphne was the brightest witch of their age. Then again, was Daphne really a part of their generation? It was something of a joke between them all that Harry and Daphne were meant to be born generations ago.

"You're stuck with us, so deal with it," Harry would say in jest when they picked on him about it. The comment only served to fuel the laughter and good time.

Every member of Clan Potter that resided as a student in Hogwarts Castle found themselves out at the Black Lake. It was a day of joyous laughter.

However, their fun day only masked the unease they were all feeling.

============================

As the day progressed, Harry's unease grew. Daphne seemed just as uneasy as he did and Hermione noticed.

"Harry?" She asked with worry laced through her tone.

They were in the middle of having an early dinner. Most of everyone was in the Great Hall, having to prepare for the early exams. Something happened suddenly that had Harry, Daphne, and McGonagall scramble from their seats.

"Maisey!" Harry called loudly. His voice was distressed.

The elf popped in front of him. "Yes, my Lord?" She asked.

She was promptly given Kairos, who began to fuss as she left her father's arm. Harry's voice was hard as he gave a rare order, "Potter Manor, now."

He began to march swiftly towards the doors of the Great Hall. Daphne, Neville, and Luna were just behind him. The others were scrambling to get up.

"Hogwarts," The two Heirs and Lord said loudly. "Siege is being brought upon you. Wake and defend those of your charge."

A pulse of very old magic followed their command. It was felt throughout the entire Castle as the faint sound of an explosion sounded in the difference.

Harry had his wand in his hand so quickly that it looked as if he drew it after casting several Patroni. He flicked the lions away sharply, causing them to disappear.

His wand was at his throat next, "Fifth years and below! You are to follow Professors Sprout, Flitwick, and Evans into the second-floor girls' lavatory. You are to follow every command given by those three to an exact letter or you may very well meet your end today."

"Years Six and Seven. Some of you are to follow them. Those that want to stand and defend this castle, stand now and follow me to arms."

His orders were followed by quickly scrambled teachers and students. Those of Clan Potter that were able to fight were gathered around Harry. It was at this moment they were reminded that he was at the center of this war.