Chapter XVI

Because of the encounter with Heracles, Harry was on edge for the rest of their stay in Thebes. Daphne was always on his arm whenever they went out.

Hades and Persephone saw them twice more during their stay, once were to act as their tour guides and the other visit was to take the family out for dinner.

Petunia declined the invitation, saying, "Someone has to stay here and feed Tussisss. Harry, you know he doesn't like being in public."

"Tusis?" Hades asked, not knowing who they were talking about.

Daphne corrected him, "Tussisss. He is Harry's Selma companion."

"Speaking of him," Harry chuckled before letting out a deep hiss, "Stop being rude and come say hello."

The heavy voice of the Selma responded from seemingly nowhere, "They are gods, Harry!"

"We are guests in their homeland and have graced us with their presence," Harry shot a narrow look towards his and Daphne's room.

Petunia's sharp parseltongue hissed, "Stop being petulant, you overgrown garden snake."

"Aunt Petunia," Harry gave her a look, "He has always been this way around others, but that is no reason to insult him.

Daphne let out a small laugh and leaned into Harry's side, "Tussisss, we're going out. You need to stop hiding or you won't get scratches until we come back." She called out to the Selma.

After a few long moments, the serpent could be heard coming quickly into the room until it was suddenly curled around Harry and Daphne, standing with his hand under her hand.

Daphne smiled and began to pet his scales. Harry shook his head, "Suck up."

"Like you have room to talk," Tussisss hissed back heavily, his voice drowsy from being pet.

"Children, the both of you." Petunia cut in sharply, receiving a side eye from her nephew and his companion.

Persephone let out a small laugh at the family interaction.

"You understand parseltongue, your Highness?" Anna asked her.

Persephone smiled, "Yes, I do. Most gods understand the all languages of our world. Few are able to speak in the specific tongue of magical languages."

"Well," Hades said, "My elder brother speaks Murmish and Hephaestus speaks the true tongue of Goblins."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked him.

"The Goblins originally worked in the many forges of my nephew before one day they were thrown out. Their many skills and talents were taken from them, leaving them his only a bastardization of their language and the minimum amount of skill to get by," Hades shrugged.

"They attempted to steal his craft as their own," his wife tutted.

"Huh," Astoria said. "Do you know what House Elves are then?"

Persephone smiled, "They are their line of the elven creatures. They were known as the 'Mortal Elves' because of their close relationship with humans. They have shorter life spans than High, Wood, and Dark Elves, but they have one of the strongest connections to Magic."

"The only Elven line with a better understanding of magic is the High Elves. Although, they were the first line of Elves birthed at the dawn of this world."

Hades cut in, "As were the Phoenix, Elder Dragon species, Crystalline Merfolk, and Wurms."

"Can we continue this discussion over dinner?" Harry asked as he was getting hungry.