Chapter V

Harry and Neville made their way downstairs and into the Common Room. Their dorm mates were still fast asleep upstairs as it was fairly early, it was just after seven.

"So, what do you plan to do with your free morning?" Neville asked his cousin as he rubbed the last bits of sleep from his eyes.

Harry shrugged lightly in response, "I have to meet Gran in her office as soon as I'm finished with breakfast. She caught me just after midnight talking with Godric last night while I was asking him for some help." He explained with a yawn.

Only knowing bits and pieces of what Harry was doing, he nodded his head.

"You told me about some kind of connection, but you didn't explain it that much." He said, leaving what he meant unsaid.

Clapping his shoulder, Harry smiled at him, "I know, Nev, I've just never felt anything like that. It was warm and fuzzy, but also really cold. I just don't know how to explain it."

"Then don't," He laughed lightly, "it's not like anyone else's thoughts matter. This is your relationship with your future wife."

Harry could only stare at the other boy, blinking his eyes in disbelief at the advice he heard.

"Who are you and what have you done to my cousin?"

This earned a round of laughter between them as they left for the Great Hall.

============================

As they walked down the stairs to the Entrance Hall, Harry was able to see Daphne just arriving at the top of the case leading from the dungeons.

Neville watched as Daphne looked up, almost as if she could feel Harry looking for her.

He watched as people noticed that the couple had seen each other, watched as people cleared the way between them. It was as if there was a charge between the Gryffindor and Slytherin students.

Although there was a charge of some kind between them, Neville shrugged to himself.

He could only shake his head as he watched Harry stand just a bit taller as he walked to his young lady, chuckling to himself as he took Daphne's hand and pressed a kiss to her knuckles.

After they intertwined their arms, Neville clapped Harry on the shoulder, "Come on, we don't want anyone getting sick watching you both make gooey eyes at each other."

With that, he began to walk off toward the Great Hall, leaving behind a smattering of stunned students and a chuffed Harry Potter.

"Just wait until you find yourself a girlfriend," He heard Harry mutter behind him.

Daphne shook her head at him, sighing playfully, "Leave him alone, Harry. I'd like to enjoy my breakfast before having you pick on Neville."

Harry didn't say anything as he led her into the Great Hall. He glanced toward the staff table as he walked her to the Gryffindor table. He gave an almost invisible smile to Professor McGonagall, her stern look being sent in answer.

"Do you have a free period after breakfast?" He asked the blonde on his arm as he helped her sit down.

"What have you done now?"

Seating himself next to her, Harry shook his head lightly, "None, other than being caught talking to Godric by Professor McGonagall at midnight. She heard some of our conversations and wants a meeting with me in her office as soon as I'm finished eating."

Daphne glanced at him as they began to fill their plates, "Is this you asking if I would join the meeting?"

"Yes. I was discussing what happened on our first date with him and she overheard. He's doing what he can to look into it, and since it also involves you I thought you would like to be there." He explained himself to his girlfriend.