Chapter XII

A/N: Explicit scene at the end.

============================

On the night of January first, Potter Manor was bereft of many of its guests as they were away for the Ministry Ball.

Cyrus and Anna attended in black and silver. The Abbotts were wearing black and blue. Madame Bones was wearing a conservative but grand red dress, it hugged her body and accented her mature curves. Susan wore a more tame piece that hugged her torso, it accented her bust just enough to be appropriate and flared at her knees.

Dowager Longbottom wore a dark red dress. It was simple but elegant. Dressed in a similar color, Countess Zabini's sun-kissed skin was accented by the maroon of her striking dress. It was more of a controversial piece than others, but that was just who she was.

Neville and Blaise were dressed in matching colors to their mother and grandmother.

Most of the high class that were in attendance were dressed to the nines, including the Lord and Lady Malfoy. They were clad in threads of the finest quality and robes that would only be worn for this single night.

Their son, Draco was dressed much like his parents. His suit was crisp and new. Where Lucius and Narcissa were clad in black, white, and gray, Draco wore solid black for the night.

He was escorting Pancy Parkinson for the night, much to his dismay.

Harry and Daphne put the entire room to shame. Harry was dressed in a turn-of-the-century three-piece. The dark scarlet and black of his coat and vest were matched with his Lordship rings.

His hair held a windswept charm. His emerald eyes were sharp and held power. His mere presence demanded one's attention. Daphne, on his arm, seemed to multiply the demand.

She was dressed in a Gothic-style dress. It was compromised of a deep black and brighter red, but the color was muted by the flowers threaded from black on the bodice and cuff sleeves of her dress.

Her long hair was swept up in layered French braids coiled into an elegant bun. Her face was framed by two snaking waves.

Attention was brought to her long neck by the choker she wore. It was a Christmas gift from Harry that belonged to Dorea Potter, given to her by Angelina Potter, who was the mother of Charlus and Augusta.

It was a black crochet piece that had small chains hanging from it. The large ruby rested on the dip of her collarbone.

The necklace was a traditional jewel that was worn at least once by every Lady Potter for six generations before the late Lily.

The portrait of Dorea Potter nee Black informed her that each Lady added slight changes to pass on. She added the chain that framed the ruby and hung an inch lower. As such, Daphne embedded small emeralds into the outside chains and hung a teardrop sapphire from said hanging chain.

It matched her new engagement ring which was placed on her left ring finger. The ring itself was also a Potter heirloom. It started as a simple goblin silver band worn by Iolanthe Potter nee Peverell. Now, the ring held a diamond cut sapphire framed by rubies and emeralds alternating in small, layered petals around the gem.

============================

The Atrium seemed to pause as they entered. Every eye was on them.

Harry led them towards Cryus and Anna, who were standing with Countess Zabini.

"Lord and Lady Greengrass, Countess Zabini," Harry addressed them with a polite bow of his head. Daphne shared a small curtsey with her mother.

"Lord and Lady Potter," Cyrus returned evenly before his face grinned. "I wasn't aware my daughter to grow even more beautiful, and yet you both stand in front of me now."