Chapter XL

A/N: Explicit scene at the end of the chapter.

============================

It was the afternoon of the thirtieth. Clan Potter or at least those within the Castle sat in Harry and Daphne's meadow within the Room.

The married couple was laid together against a tree, her legs out as she sat in his lap. Harry's hand was resting on Daphne's stomach lightly, her head was leaning back on his shoulder. Tussisss and Sshasssk were coiled around them, their heads in her lap.

Daphne softly stroked her hand over her new companion.

"It's still hard to know that she's a Basilisk," Ginny said as she hugged herself slightly.

Her mind flashed memories of the night of her first year when she found herself in the Camber of Secrets. She shook them away quickly.

She was being given a worried look by the deadly serpent. She wasn't sure how she knew it was worried. She was quick to give a nervous smile, "Harry and I shared an experience with a very old Basilisk."

The golden gaze switched to Harry, regarding him as he stroked his wife's stomach. He shared a questioning look with Ginny. "Are you alright with me telling the story?" He asked.

She gave him a slight nod and moved a little closer to Seamus, Flora, Hestia, and Astoria. She leaned on Astoria gently, causing the young girl to hug her lightly.

"Being raised with a portrait of Salazar, I've always known about his Chamber and that he had a pet Basilisk when he was alive. I didn't know that she was placed in his Chamber until after my encounter with her. Ginny became possessed by a diary that housed one of Riddle's soul pieces. He was draining her life and magic to bring himself back. It was the fifteen-year-old version of him that told me his name."

"I was in an incredibly dangerous situation as we fought. I was able to get Ginny's wand from him but she was half dead and couldn't wake up. That's when he called her. He corrupted her mind and twisted her into insanity. Sssura was placed in the Chamber to protect all students within the Castle if we found ourselves in a situation where muggles tried to attack. Back then muggles and wizards fought together, well we were paid to fight."

"It's actually what led to the death of all of the Founders, but that's for later. Once Riddle called for Sssura he ordered her to attack me. She was in pain and crying out for someone to help her. I had to spend several nights looking back on my battle with her to realize that she couldn't do it herself. She came close to killing me several times but Fawkes blinded her. He appeared with the Sorting Hat and dropped him on my head. He got me quite smartly when he gave me Gryffindor's Sword."

"I stabbed her through the roof of her mouth, piercing her brain. In the process of doing this, she got me as well," Harry's hand went to the scars on his arm.

"I'm only alive because I could feel her venom working through my system when Fawkes cried into the wound. The veins in my arm were ruptured so the process was slowed a great deal, although Fawkes' tear healed my injuries before negating the venom. They both still live within my blood."

They were all silent for a long time. Sshasssk was the only one to speak. "The Wurm mother blessed you for ending her suffering," She hissed out gently.

Her voice was a soft, smooth hiss. It was much different from the withered and aged hiss from Sssura. Ginny found that her voice held a beauty to it.

"That's the first time you've ever talked about what happened down there," Hermione from her place in Draco's arms.

Harry nodded, "I told Ginny that I wouldn't without her say. The Chamber of Secrets messed her up more than it did me."

Ginny gave him a small smile, "Thanks, Harry."