Chapter XXVIII

The days of October passed blissfully slowly. A steady rhythm of daily events started playing out.

Since they found out about the pregnancy, Harry and Daphne's nights were spent in tender, loving bliss. They were slow and passionate with each other. Several cliff-falls were cut down to a single time, yet it somehow felt all the more special to the couple.

When they woke, they shared a hot bath. They would relax in the water as they washed the other. Harry was always mindful of her stomach. He knew he did not need to be so careful, but he didn't want to risk anything. His lion had settled closer to the forefront of his mind, ready for nary a thought.

Harry had brought Tussisss to the Castle, and when he wasn't around Daphne, his companion was. It unnerved several students, but the great serpent was gentle with the first and second years.

Professor Grubbly-Plank had requested that Harry and Daphne assist her with a few lessons for the upper years when she bore witness to how gentle the Selma seemed to be with the younger ones.

They were currently on one of the many lawns of the Castle, specifically one in the courtyard. The professor was hesitant to move too far from the castle.

Over the next few days, they would be having lessons on Selmas with every year. Today would be the first and second years. Professor Grubbly-Plank decided to join the first six years together in twos, giving the seventh years their own more in-depth lesson.

Tussisss was curled around Harry and Daphne ad they sat in the grass. His head was in her lap as she stroked him lightly.

The youngest years had just gathered around as the Selma hissed, "She gives the best pets."

Harry laughed lightly at him as Bell and Rami came over, being familiar with the large snake. "You only let three people pet you," Bell said.

"Still the best," Tussisss hissed out like a sigh.

Rami pouted at the serpent, "Do you not like my pets anymore?"

The Selma was caught in a verbal trap. He looked at the pouting girl, looked to see that Daphne wanted an answer as well, and then turned to Harry. "Help," He hissed out.

Harry could only laugh at his companion. The interaction had caught Grubbly-Plank off guard.

"You both can understand him?" She asked the Buckul twins.

They both shrugged. "Kind of," Rami said

"We don't understand how we can yet," Bell agreed.

"I've told you before," Harry shook his head. He looked at the Professor before continuing, "Bell was born with a technique lost from the Potter family years ago. His magic naturally allows him to understand magical animals. He can't comprehend their languages, but he knows what they say."

"Rami has something that is connected to the Peverell family magic. She's able to hear the voices behind magical languages, as well as being able to hear magic. I've had her training for nearly a year so that her mind wouldn't become overloaded when she came here."

"I still don't understand it," Bell pouted lightly.

"You don't have to yet," Daphne told him. "It's our responsibility as your Lord and Lady to understand it for you. In a few years, we'll start tutoring you to understand and use your natural magic more."

"Yes, well, let's get on with our lesson," The old witch shook her head. She wasn't about to try to understand anything that dealt with the Potter family magic.

============================

Hermione was leaning over a table in the library, pouring over an ancient tome. She thought that magic should be shared freely with all, but understood that wasn't the case.