Chapter XLIX

A man let out a dark grumble as he looked through a tome. The language was nothing like he was used to, but it mattered little. He was a Warlock, a magical warrior of Old.

He knew that the only reason he was woken up was because that bastard was reincarnated. Again.

He brushed his dark hair back, his mumble thick in his ancient tongue. He had spent the past few months researching and gathering what he could. He needed to be able to make sure he knew what he was going about. He shook his head as he closed his book. He motioned to a barmaid for another drink.

After a moment, a tankard was placed before him. He lifted the glass to his mouth but choked on the drink as the maid put a paper down on the table. It read 'The Daily Prophet' in large at the top. He studied the paper, noting that it was written by a man named Jared Kimmble. His attention was drawn to the magical image of paper, causing him to stare at the young couple in the image.

The man was dressed in dark clothes, a cloak around his shoulders. A sword was hung from his hip. His stature was tall, and muscled, and his eyes held power. His arm was securely around the waist of a woman with fair skin and hair. She was wearing a gown that clung to her shapely form. A babe was snuggly held in her arms.

"For the past two years, our world has been taken by storm, our government has been flipped upside down, and it has been proven that your background doesn't matter anymore. Your House, blood status, nor political leanings mean much now. This is all because of Harry Potter, formerly known as 'The-Boy-Who-Lived' due to his survival of the Killing Curse when he was only a year old. That day, he found himself orphaned and the only witness to his parents' murder. Where is he now? Harry Potter graduated a year early from Hogwarts this past summer. We all knew he would do spectacular things when he called upon Lady Magic herself to judge his claim when he took up his seats within the Wizengamot."

"He no longer finds himself simply 'Harry Potter', he is now Lord Hadrian James Potter-Black-Greengrass. He has stated that while the Black family has not merged one as the Potter-Greengrass names have, he claims the Black name in honor of his godfather, Sirius Black, and the previous Lord Arcturus Black, who gave his life defending Hogwarts this past spring. Lord Hadrian holds the titles of Lord Gryffindor and Peverell, both from his Potter heritage, as well as Lord Slytherin. He has explained that his mother, the late Lily Potter, was the direct and only blood Heiress of Salazar Slytherin himself."

"His wife and Lady, Daphne Ophelia, equally holds the shared titles. They have revealed that Salazar Slytherin tied his House to House Evanshade, which later became Evans. For those of you who aren't aware, Lily Potter was born Lily Evans. The couple have explained that because Slytherin and Evanshade have been joined, it means that no Lady Slytherin can claim the title, likewise for Lord Evanshade. The titles can only be held in union."

"Lord Hadrian James and Lady Daphne Ophelia Potter-Black-Greengrass have given their explicit permission for this to be released as they publicly announce the arrival of their daughter. Kairos Iolanthe Potter-Black-Greengrass was born on May the Twenty-ninth within Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The little girl has already captured the hearts of all families affiliated with House Potter. Such families are Buckul, a newly found line thought lost after the Potter Massacre of 1700, Finnegan, Lovegood, Weasley, Carrow, Black, Zabini, Granger, Malfoy, Bones, Longbottom, McGonagall-Ross, and Evans. They publicly claim to be united as friends and family under the banner of Clan Potter."

His eyes flew back to the man and woman in the picture. He cursed himself now that he knew he would have to the baby girl, Kairos Iolanthe, what was done to her father. He noted that the paper claimed to hold more information on different pages.