Chapter XXVI

As the weeks of September passed, Harry noticed that Daphne's scent was slowly changing. She had also started to feel strange. They had discussed the different possibilities of what could be going on.

It was Saturday, the twenty-eighth, and Harry woke up before her. She had her head tucked into his chest, her arms wrapped around him. He could feel her skin against his from where they had fallen asleep quickly after their nightly events.

As he inhaled her scent, he noted that it had slightly changed again, becoming sweeter. There were notes that he recognized from before, knowing someone whose scent also gradually changed. That thought shook Harry. They hadn't discussed such a possibility.

It was only a few minutes later when Daphne woke up, yawning against his chest. "Good morning," She said sleepily.

He laughed lightly and kissed her head, "Good morning, love."

As her mind cleared and woke more, she came across the realization that Harry had thought about. She blinked a few times before inhaling shakily. "Shower and Pomfry?" She whispered.

Harry didn't answer her, instead, he lifted her from the bed and carried her into their bath. They cleaned themselves, deciding not to have relations in the shower like normal. The possibility was still fresh in their minds.

They dressed in comfortable muggle loungewear. They wore dark gray sweats and jumpers. After getting dressed they promptly made the trip to the Hospital Wing.

"Madam Pomfry?" Harry called for her lightly as he guided the way toward his bed.

The mediwitch was true to her word and placed a name card on the headboard that read: Potter. It was bronze with bold lettering.

"What seems to be the matter, Mr. Potter?" The mediwitch asked, walking from her office as Harry helped Daphne sit.

Since they had that possibility thought that morning she had felt weak in shock.

"We'd like to ask for a full medical scan on Daphne," He requested of her.

Daphne laid herself back when asked. Her hand held Harry's tightly. Her mind was a mix of emotions that she wasn't sure how to handle. He brushed his mind against hers, wanting to help all he could. He was experiencing similar emotions, but they were together in this.

Madam Pomfry spent nearly twenty minutes casting medical charms. She was thorough in her examination, even when her spells told her what she needed to know.

Daphne was a young woman of peak health and physical condition.

"Well," Madam Pomfry said. "You are both very astute. When did you have the assumption?"

"Only this morning," Harry told her.

Daphne sat up and leaned into him, "We first noticed something was off a couple of weeks ago. We discussed what the possibilities could be, but this never came up."

The Madam nodded, "You did right by coming for a check as soon as you had the thought. It seems that Daphne, you are indeed with a child. I'll write you a pass from your lessons this week."

When given confirmation, Daphne unconsciously laid her hand over her stomach. Harry smiled lightly at her, "Thank you, Madam Pomry. Would you mind if I request for our family healer to join us here?"

"I'm sure she won't mind visiting to perform bi-weekly exams," Madam Pomfry agreed.

"Let's go tell Gran," Daphne said lightly. She had come to refer to Minerva as such in the months building up to their wedding, something that pleased the older witch.