Chapter XXXVIII

It was quickly decided for the coven of Vampires to reside just outside Caithness. Most of the creatures there already knew Harry and lived under his protection. He could also count the Welsh Green dragons in Meath under his protection as well.

It was found out that the dragons actually had an entire colony there. Harry and Seamus planned to take a trip to Meath to talk with the dragon colony during the upcoming break. Daphne was adamant on going as well.

With the romantic holidays came open flirting for Seamus, Luna and Neville sneaking off to have some time together, silent flirting between Blaise and Susan, and surprisingly, Hermione was very playful with Draco.

Harry and Daphne made an appearance at the dance but were quick to return to their rooms. They spent the night in a hot bath with Harry giving Daphne a body massage. It was something she greatly enjoyed as even with rough calluses from years of adventures, he was still careful with her.

His touch soothed the ache in her breasts and her body melted under his hands. She had nearly fallen asleep to the ministration of his touch when he had lifted her from the bath. She did fall asleep when he wrapped her body in a towel and carried her into their bedroom. He dressed her in a pair of knickers and one of his silk shirts. He could only fasten two buttons and still have it comfortable on her.

He dressed himself and slipped into bed with her, falling asleep.

============================

Several floors down in the Castle, it was just past midnight and the Valentine's Ball was still in full swing. Professor Evans took over with supervision so that McGonagall could have a few drinks to her late husband in peace. It was always a hard holiday for Minerva, but her friends and family helped her.

Neville was tucked away on the dance floor, Luna in his arms. The music was lively and upbeat before it took a slow turn. Luna could only giggle airly at her boyfriend as he became flustered when she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Neville," She said dreamily as the young man wrapped his arms around her waist.

He pressed her closer to his body as he leaned down and laid a kiss to her lips lightly. "I know, Lune," He said lightly to her.

She was a very eccentric young woman with odd habits. She was often called 'Looney Luna', something that Neville turned into an affectionate pet name. He might not always be the most confident, but he certainly knew how to make a young woman smile and laugh. He reasoned that since he was cousin's with Harry then he must be much crazier.

Did they keep most of their affections private? Of course, they had taken their time together. Albeit it had only taken a short amount of time for feelings to develop between them.

Luna had explained that the Ravenclaw family magick was a curse and that she didn't want it. He had reassured her that Harry gave him a basic run-down of the magick, he wasn't going to make her talk about it if she wasn't comfortable. She had given him a kiss and explained that the family magick was visual and allowed her to see how invisible creatures that were created from high emotions and traces of magic.

Through the months they had gotten to a point where words were of little need. They could read each other openly and know that was being said. They knew that they had Harry to thank for their relationship because he kept nudging Neville towards the young woman. It was a topic they often laughed about.

============================

Draco was nervous. Very nervous. He had held from several of his friends to set up a very romantic date for Hermione.

"Master Draco," Kreacher said as he popped in. He held a basket of dishes, utensils, and a small pot of food.

Draco noticed the baguette that was opened in half. "Thank you so much, Kreacher," He said as he checked the picket watch that Hermione bought him as a gift.