Chapter XLIV

Deep inside the mountains of Wales resided a hidden cavern that ran deep underground.

The sound of scraping stone came ever so faintly from the depths of the fissure. The discernable whispering mumble of a far-off voice could be heard if one listened.

Who or whatever was down in that fissure, for however long that may have been, was now waking up.

============================

On the grounds of Hogwarts, a monstrous lion was still standing over a decapitated body. Its eyes were sharp, cutting into the minds of all who met them. It was still angry, oh, so very angry at those that intruded on its home. At those that dared attack his mate.

The tigress approached the lion with light steps. She pressed her head into the lion's side before brushing her body against his. She continued to rub her face up his side and into his shoulder, her smaller form tight against his. The tigress pressed onward until her head rubbed deeply into the lion's chest.

She continued like this for several moments until she was against his other side. It was a very affectionate and intimate moment, but those who knew her truly well could've laughed. They knew that Daphne was flirting with Harry. She was clearly whispering very sultry and alluring suggestions in his mind as the lion let out a snarled growl at her. The tigress only licked her maw at him.

Yep, something very sultry and alluring indeed.

Suddenly there was a movement within the ranks of black cloaks and beasts. A large werewolf that was thick with muscle and covered in scars came charging at the lion and tigress. Its path was intercepted by the lanky form of a smaller wolf that collided with its side. Their braying and snarls of anger and thirst for blood carried as they rolled on the ground for a few meters.

When they righted, both wolves attacked. The larger wolf may have been just that and stronger, but the lithe lank of the other was just as dangerous. Jaws snapped and claws tore through skin, but a yelp tore through their sounds of battle.

Harry watched with a strong stance as the wolf he knew to be Remus howled deeply. He clutched the jaw of Fenrir Grayback in his claws. The death of Grayback was felt throughout the entire werewolf pack. They felt as the power and title of 'Alpha' changed within the pack.

Remus turned to look at Harry before leading the remaining werewolves into the Forbidden Forest for the remaining hours of the night. Harry felt proud of Remus for his victory.

The lion let out a low huff as a man was standing there once again.

His armor was torn and ripped in some places. Blood trailed from his shoulder, arms, hands, and mouth. His legs were covered in cuts and gashes as he walked toward the discarded sword. He was covered in blood, muscle, and sinew not his own.

He picked up his sword before looking at Daphne. Her white and black coat was stained red around her ribs and back. It only served to anger him again but he only shook his head with a low snarl.

Harry was approached by the tigress and Cyrus watched as she turned back into his daughter. They has kept her form a secret from almost everyone, but as he thought about it, a tigress fit her.

They were both injured and covered in blood but the expression on their faces left no room for any argument or negotiation. He watched as his daughter and son-in-law shared a very intimate kiss in front of hundreds of people. Their kiss prompted the embrace of comrades, friends, and family.

============================

It took nearly all night to count the dead on both sides of the war. In total, there were hundreds of losses.