Chapter XXXI

Even though the young couple wasn't actively helping organize the upcoming dance, the Professors tended to run ideas by their friend group.

The event planning went smoother this way. They were able to have reliable opinions about certain themes, decorations, and dining options. It was settled on a monster theme dance.

Harry was able to hire a vampire for the event, they agreed that the vampire would be equipped with blood wine to ensure they stayed calm. He didn't know at the time that the vampire would have the courtesy to have silver in their pocket to weaken them.

The population of Hogwarts had never once seen Harry join the Halloween feast. They knew it was because of what happened when he was a year old. Some felt for him, but they didn't know Harry had another reason to not join the festivities.

Harry wasn't Christian like most of the Wizarding world. They might not actively be Christians, but they were Christian nonetheless. Harry was Pagan. He didn't practice Easter, Halloween, Christmas, or other recognized Christian holidays.

Did he often use their modernized names? Yes, but that was for the convenience of others, namely his sister and young cousins.

Most children from the older families were Pagan as well. That's why Harry suggested that the staff implement a way to further include those students as well.

The Halloween Dance was the first time the student body had seen him there. His presence made many question why, and they would soon be answered.

"May I have your attention?" McGonagall asked from the stage of the Great Hall.

The Hall had been transformed by having a few Acromantula young spin webs in the corners of the room, against some spots on the walls, and using the silk to add a spooky effect to the hall.

A band that was comprised of a Wraith, a couple of Ghosts, and a ragged-looking werewolf stood behind her. The vampire Harry hired would be their vocalist.

The House tables were swept further apart, leaving a dancing area in the middle of the room. The tables were smattered with benches and stools. They held holiday themes treats and cauldrons of bubbling and smoking punches.

Once McGonagall had the attention of the gathered student body she spoke again, "For those of us that practice Samhain, we will have a separate event for you tonight. For those of you asking about Samhain, it is the Celtic holiday of memorial for our lost loved ones."

"Our herd of Centaurs has agreed to assist in the customary bonfire for the holiday. The Potter family will lead you out to the Forbidden Forest in a moment. You will be joined by myself and Professor Evans. Lessons have been lifted for tomorrow, as such the Dance will last until sunrise. You are welcome to return to the castle either escorted by a NEWT student or either of us professors at any time throughout the night."

"The bonfire will burn for an entire day. This means the fire will burn until dinner tomorrow. Any and all are welcomed and encouraged to come," She explained. She motioned to Harry and Daphne who were dressed simply. "Those who actively practice the holiday, please gather our Mr. and Mrs. Potter."

A large crowd of students from every year gathered around them. They were pleased to see all of their friends with them.

Harry gave Hermione a questioning look, knowing she was a Christian. She only shrugged, "I'm a witch, someone the Bible claims is a monstrosity. My brother, boyfriend, and most of our friends are Pagan. If I want to dance I'll just come back."

Draco's face split into a grin and he kissed her smartly. "Hermione Granger, I love you," He said happily as he hugged her.

It was the snickering of the crowd that made him realize what he had said. Hermione was hidden in his chest so no one saw that her dark skin was darkened by two shades. Her deep flush spread to her ears, neck, and chest. His shirt was gripped tightly but she had a large smile on her face.