Chapter XXXVII

As January wore on, the small coven of Vampires that the Lestrange brothers brought to Britain listened as Voldemort continued to make plans of tearing a babe from their mother's womb as the father watched.

The leader of the coven, the 'father' that changed them, raised most of the coven for many years. He was a pureblood Vampire, meaning he was of one of the first Vampire lines. He was relatively young, being only four hundred and seven, but children were sacred to the purebloods. Pureblooded Vampire children were seen as a blessing.

The only reason he came to the Isles was because he was promised safety and a food source for his coven. What father wouldn't take the proverbial food and food for this children? But the constant muttering of a madman sickened him.

As such, he waited until many of the humans were away for training and Voldemort was away from the Manor before he took his children and fled the Manor.

Something told him he needed to go north. Further north than he had ever gone.

============================

The holiday of love was nearly upon them. The Catholic holiday was only days away. Harry and Daphne had plans for the day after, the fifteenth. It was the Pagan holiday, Lupercalia. Historians state that the holiday dates back to ancient Rome, but in reality it is much older.

Harry was able to held organize a ball to be held within the Great Hall. It would begin at eight in the evening on the fourteenth and last until four in the morning on the fifteenth. It was another one of his ways to further educate those ignorant about Pagan holidays and traditions.

However, something unexpected happened during the afternoon of February the twelfth.

Harry and Daphne were sitting around Black Lake with their friends. They suddenly caught a disturbance within the Forbidden Forest. It was loud, traveling fast, and there were multiple of them.

"Something is coming," Harry said in a low whisper.

Blades and wands were drawn. Harry and the other young men stood in a wide circle around the women, swords ready. The women formed a tighter circle around Daphne, their wands in hand.

Harry was facing the forest, his eyes lit with magical power as his sword thrummed. Draco had his Black dagger in his main hand. Seamus had his claymore tightly held in his grip. Blaise was armed with the sword that Harry had given him over the break. Neville stood with a golden long sword in his hands.

They all stood in their armor, ready to defend themselves. As other students caught on to the fact that something was coming their way, they all ran back toward the castle. Someone had yelled, "Go find Professor Evans!"

As whatever was in the forest came crashing out, a mass of several Vampires were revealed to Harry and his family. It was unusual because they were out during the day, something that rang warning bells in Harry's mind. His eyes quickly zeroed in on the oldest Vampire, or who he thought was the oldest.

Why did he think such? Because the man was leading the coven of Vampires and stood only a few yards from Harry. His stance was immediately defensive once he saw the group of wizards and witches.

The Vampires were quick to organize themselves similar to Clan Potter. The youngest were in the middle, with the others circled around them. Their fangs and long nails were bared.

A deep hiss drew the attention of the Vampires as they watched a large Selma shoot from the side. The serpent shot within the group of humans and coiled around a young woman in the center. The magical snake bared it's powerful fangs, a rough hiss leaving it.

They watched as Harry, his magical blade in hand, lifted his sword slightly as a hiss left his lips. This baffled many within the Vampire group, but the man who stood in front of Harry seemed unfazed. He was studying the young man.