Chapter XXI

A/N: Explicit scene during the chapter.

============================

The week after exams, Hogwarts Castle was full of decompressing students and staff. Some would not be returning to the castle, but most others would.

Harry and Daphne would find primary residence there for the next few years, or until they achieved their masteries. Professors McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout were going to be sharing Headmaster duties until Harry completed his apprenticeship to the Transfiguration Mistress.

He already had a deep understanding and love for the art and wanted to become a Master. He jumped at the chance when she offered him.

Their original plans were to graduate early and then take the apprenticeships, but Minerva and Filius gave them the chance to start their apprenticeship early and work towards their masteries as they took their sixth year. This was something that was liberally discussed between the four.

It was decided in the end that wouldn't. They had moved up their wedding by a year, now holding it on Saturday the twenty-second of July,  a week after summer started.

They had sent out the mark-your-calenders and invites. Their friends, family, and closest allies were invited, as well as a few prominent members of society. They had their dress and suit ready to be picked up.

The creatures of Potter Manor were taking care of creating a wedding scene within the vast forest. It was a tradition started by Iolanthe and Hardwin, one passed down through generations.

Throughout the thousand years that the Potters lived there, no wedding was held in the same place. Nor did any wedding look the same. They had similarities, but never the same.

What most people didn't know was that it was also traditional for magical and mundane creatures to attend the wedding. The strongest of the forest would assist in giving away the bride. The bride would be tested by the creatures, but the test was how they liked her.

Daphne had already made great impressions on the forest.

============================

The day of the wedding arrived. Harry stood within the confines of his property. He was standing in a meadow clearing, underneath a bloomed willow. Its vines were braided and weaved into an archway.
Glittering pixies adorned its branches.

The Thestral, Selma, Fae, and Gnome communities were scattered around the large meadow. A herd of Irish Elk were close to the Thestrals. The Griffon herd had taken up post close to Harry, as did most of the Thestral. Druila and a Griffon with blue feathers in particular fussed over Harry. The Griffon was mated with Jax and the entire herd cared greatly for the young man.

He was looking down the aisle, the flowers having been gently placed with a cobbled walkway. Carved logs were made into the pews of seating. The walk was bordered by small rose bushes.

Neville was walking toward him, Tracey on his arm. They were the best man and maid of honor.

Seamus and Astoria joined after them. Hermione and Draco next, and finally Blaise and Susan. They took their posts as bride maids and groomsmen.

Harry's Elven-style suit was a dark green, matched with a black cloak around his shoulders. His groomsmen were wearing black and green suits of similar design. He held an ornate stave in hand. It was made from elder wood, the head twisted and carved into a lion's head. It was gifted to the Potter family, carved by Godric, and enchanted by Ignotus Peverell.

The bridal march was the rhythmic stomping of the creatures. The guests stood. Harry could see his Aunt and cousins. He could see the smiling face of his mother-in-law. The proud face of his grandmother beamed brightly.