Chapter L

Even since the Potter-Black-Greengrass couple released the announcement of their daughter and their interview, the Wizarding World was anxious. Thankfully, they had the insight to explain that while Evans was a common name, it was confirmed through an inheritance test through Gringotts that only his mother's family was related to Salazar. The public was given the history of how for the past three generations, three individuals who held a claim to the seat had been born. Commander-in-Chief Jamison Russel Evans, the late Lily Rose Evans-Potter, and Lord Hadrian James Potter-Black-Greengrass.

With Minerva's permission, they explained that Jamison Evans was an uncle to Lily. They revealed to the newer generation and reminded the older that Professor McGonagall was a widow. This caused the middle-aged population to do something very unexpected. They flocked and flooded to Hogsmeade while Minerva and Rosie just so happened to be in the village.

They had just entered the village when shouting broke out in several languages. Their attention was gathered and they ran into the town to investigate. There, gathered through every street, which had been expanded a great deal to occupy the thousands of witches and wizards. They were all dressed in uniforms and robes that looked similar. Two withered and aged men were standing in the front, their uniforms heavily decorated in metals and rewards. The men stood close together, a portrait in their arms.

The portrait was of three men. They were also dressed in uniforms. As they approached, Minerva recognized the men standing before her and in the portrait. She was stopped from moving an inch as a broken sob left her lips. Rosie was quick to follow, her green eyes streaming with tears down her face. The students that were in the village were extremely shocked to see the two professors in tears. They had never seen nor heard of them acting in such a manner. It riled the children.

"Salute!" The men barked out. As one, the thousands of uniformed people snapped their wands up, sparks of green, gold, red, and purple sprayed into the air. Cameras flashed brightly to the side, capturing the tender moment in time.

The gathering watched as the magical painting came to life. The man in the middle smiled, his eyes being shared with only two people. His voice was deep and strong, holding a commanding tone that was soft as he regarded the two women, "Hello, girls." His words only caused them to cry harder as they tried to collect themselves.

Minerva was able to calm herself slightly although tears still flowed freely. Rosie, however, broke into the grin of a little girl seeing her father again, "Hi Daddy." Her voice was broken with her tears but everyone could see how close she was with her father.

The reverie was broken by the sounds of Apparation. Harry, Daphne, Draco, and Hermione stood there. They were all dressed in their armor and weapons, well, Daphne wasn't. She was wearing a beautiful black dress with silver highlights. Kairos Iolanthe was held in her arms, her eyes bright and looking around in wonder.

Draco's sword and dagger were hanging at his side. Hermione had the short spear fashioned on her shoulder and a dagger in her thigh. Their breasts were adorned with their House Crests, displayed proudly.

The men holding the portrait, Thomas Reginald Yaxley and Ivan Sokoloff, the now retired Second-in-Command and Commander of the British and Russian forces during the Continent Wars respectively, were floored at the sight of Harry. Although, so were every other man and woman who knew Jamison, Charlus, and Arcturus during the war.

The burly, old Russian broke out in a resounding bark of laughter suddenly as he looked at Harry. His accent was thick and heavy as he spoke, "I don't know you, boy, but, you make me want to stand at the ready and salute." He fixed his strong stare on Harry, studying him strongly.

The portrait of Arcturus and Charlus snorted back a chuckle when they saw Harry. They had been imprinted with the knowledge of their copies in the Manor. Harry only shrugged lightly, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Commander Sokoloff."