Chapter LI

The knocking on her door was easy to ignore until it became heavy knocking with the call of a gruff voice. The woman's petite hand gripped the glass in her hand tightly as a low growl escaped her. The man had been knocking on her door for nearly half an hour now and it was beginning to bother her.

Her body buzzed slightly as she answered the door. Her approach was silent as she walked on her toes. "What?!" She snapped at the man strongly as she pulled the door open. He was standing in dark robes, his face covered in thick patches of hair. He slammed a newspaper into her chest as he walked past her. "Read it," He gruffed out in command.

She bristled as he brushed past her and advanced into her home. Her home was built into a cliffside because she couldn't stand people, so just why has he shown up? She shook her head slightly, fixing a few strands of hair behind a pointed ear. "Why are you here, Gewain?" She asked the man with a very upset tone and waved the paper at him. "And just what is this?"

The man, Gewain, placed himself in her dining chair. He didn't look as old as he truly is, but in a way, he felt that old. "Those are daily papers containing just what the most recent Oberon and Titania have been up to," He explained with a rough tone. His hand rubbed his face, "I'll give a quick synopsis, but those old more detail. They are barely adults the young man has been hunted his entire life by the madman who murdered his parents, in front of him, when he was a year old. He's a damned Wild Mage, their magical cores are fucking connected, and for some bloody reason, they merged their ruddy minds. They have recreated a Table of Knights, which they include themselves on. Thankfully they make it twelve."

"What makes it all the worse is that not only are they aware of just who they are, their Knights are of their blood and can take claim of their responsibilities if needed. Oh, and they have a bloody daughter."

She listened to him as he ranted, the point in her ears and her eye twitching slightly. "None of that explains why I needed to see you again," She bit out sharply. He rolled his eyes at her. He grunted lowly, "Just read the damned papers, Gwen." Her eyes narrowed at him dangerously at the use of his word. She let out a thrumming growl of agitation, "You do not get to call me that."

He simply waved her off and motioned to the papers. She sighed and began to read. It took her several hours of silence as she read. She read of how they turned the government upside down, and how they have been preparing for the past two years. She read about Meath and just what its purpose is. He had also gathered information on Hogwarts and the background information on every member of Clan Potter.

Once she was finished reading, she placed the material on the table. Her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose as she huffed slowly. "They are using their power and influence to better this world. It was rather charming of him to reunite his grandmother with her husband and children, although only her eldest still lives and their family is now portraits. Just why are you here, Gewain?" She asked him.

"I need your help, Gwendolyn," He grumbled as he gathered the material and stowed it away within his robes. A growl left her lips lowly as her ears fluttered in agitation once more, "Why? I didn't help you the first time and I'm not going to do it this time. I've lost most of my powers because of what you did last time." Her tone grew dangerous once more, "And I'm certainly not helping her murder a beautiful baby girl."

============================

Daphne smiled as she watched her mate playing with their cub. They were in their rooms getting ready for the day as he stood the girl on his lap. His fingers were tickling at her sides, pulling giggles and babble from the girl. Her chubby arms flailed and waved happily as she continued to attempt to pull at his face and hair.

She could only stand in the doorway of her nursery, a loving smile on her lips as she watched the father and daughter. It had become one of her favorite things to do, just watching them. Harry's smile was nothing but love and admiration for the girl in his arms as he cleaned and dressed her.

Once he was finished, he gave the girl a kiss and brushed his nose against hers. He lifted her and tucked her into his arms as he stood. The couple didn't often use verbal words, choosing more for mental and physical communication. As such, when their eyes caught they only smiled at the other.

November in Scotland was cold, dry, and snowy. Weather wards were cast over the manor, but some rooms could still catch a pleasant chill. It gave the occupants of the Manor a reason to curl up and cuddle together, especially Tussisss and Sshasssk. Harry knew that Sshasssk preferred the colder temperature, so know something was going on. They had been spending a lot more time together recently, a fact that Harry would tease Tussisss about in the beginning.

"Lady Daphne," A hissing voice called their attention to the coiled-up serpents. Daphne smiled as she looked upon her Basilisk, "Good morning, Sshasssk. Is there something you need?" The Selma looked at Harry as he curled himself tighter around his mate.

Harry smiled and laughed slightly, "How many are you having?" The Basilisk shifted and turned her body, her head lifting slightly. "A small clutch," She answered smoothly. Daphne smiled brightly, conveying her happiness for her companion through their familiar bond.

============================

The floo to life, depositing Hermione into the sitting room of Twelve Grimmauld Place. She could hear the huff of Walburga as she stepped into the room. Hermione stepped away from the fireplace quickly as Narcissa followed through after her.

"Love? Is that you?" Draco called from another room, having heard the floo. He entered the room a moment later, wearing black slacks and a button-down. An apron was tied around him with what looked to be flour stains. Hermione smiled at him and held up a bag, "Hey, we got that wine Bella asked for."

He kissed his wife and mother in greeting before taking Hermione by the arm. "Come on, we just finished a batch of bread. Aunt Andy is finishing up dinner and the others should be here soon," He smiled at her, his teeth showing in his excitement. It wasn't often the Black Family got together, but he always made an effort when they did.

Hermione, being the Heiress Malfoy, could only shake her head at him in amusement. They wouldn't inherit their lordship until Harry saw fit, something that wouldn't happen until Narcissa properly trained Hermione in Wizarding etiquette and what it meant to be a Lady. That night she reflected on how much they had grown as people and as a couple. They were joined by Cassandra, Bella, Andy, Theodore, Remus, Tonks, and little Teddy.

They invited Harry and Daphne but they ran a few minutes late. Kairos was in a mood that night, so Harry appeased her by holding her throughout the dinner. Bellatrix's beau, a woman named Rachel Laurent, an older cousin to Fleur Delacour and a half Veela, had never sat at such a table before. Her allure had no effect on any of the men. "Werewolves are immune to the allure, so that covers Draco and me. Ted has been in a very loving marriage for over twenty years," Remus explained. He continued to explain that the allure had no effect on men who were content in their life.

"And Lord 'Adrian?" She asked with a slight accent. Bellatrix shrugged lightly and took hold of the woman's hand. She gave it a gentle squeeze as she answered, "Is a complete anomaly who has died twice yet won't stay down." This earned a laugh from her Veela beau.

Harry only shrugged, "I wouldn't say I'm fully content just yet." Hermione raised an eyebrow at him and chuckled lightly as Daphne piped in, "Très cher, I have already told you. We're not having another child until Kairos is a year old. I'm going to give you as many children as Magic allows but pregnancy is tiring on a witch."

"Yes, but I can hardly keep my hands off you as it is. You're just that much more attractive while carrying out daughter."

This continued for several minutes, each arguing their point back and forth. Hermione and Draco knew that they had just started flirting after the first comments. They laughed and shook their heads as the couple was able to flirt and bicker as they fed the babe on Harry's lap.

Narcissa gave her son and daughter-in-law a questioning look, "And when are the two of you going to start trying for a child?" Her question caused heat to flood Hermione's chest and face. She had never thought about having children before. She cast a shy look at Draco only to see him looking at her with love.

"After graduation and taking up our lordship," Draco told his mother without looking at her. His focus was on the curly-haired witch beside him. Images of her body being swollen with his child flashed through his mind, causing him to shift in his chair slightly. He has to begrudgingly admit to himself just why Harry found Daphne more attractive while pregnant.