Chapter VIII

With November being upon them, Harry and Daphne decided to buckle down on her extra studies. Though she wasn't alone as Hermione, Susan, and Professor Flitwick joined.

Harry found it comical that he was the one teaching his professor something, a thought that tickled the aged Charms master.

"Yes, well, I can't think of any wizard during our time that would know such languages." He chuckled with Harry, who could only nod his agreement.

Many hours during the weeks were spent with their noses in books and listening as Harry lectured about the languages of old.

Daphne was often shaken from a reverie as she watched her intended. Hermione would comment about focusing on their studies, whereas Susan would give the girl a knowing smirk and tease her when they found themselves alone.

Susan wasn't the only one to play fun at Daphne, Tracey happily joined in.

Harry was, naturally, in a similar position with Neville and Hermione.

They were qued against the wall outside Transfiguration, which Gryffindor shared with the Puffs, when Harry was being picked on by both cousins and his best friend.

He could only heave a heavy sigh as he stared at them, his eyes sharp and seeming to have turned to slits, "I would greatly appreciate being left alone to explore my feelings for Daphne. This is new for us both and we're taking our time."

Neville chuckled, a playful smirk on his face, "So you admit to having feelings for her?"

Spinning on him, Harry growled out, "How can I not?! She's who I go to bed at night, and who I wake to. When have I ever acted like that for anyone?"

He turned to look at Susan and Hermione, raising the question to them. They didn't have an answer, so Harry growled once more, "I can feel her. Do you know how mad it drives me to know that I'm able to feel her when she's on the other side of the castle? Do you know that my magic pushes me to her? Let's not forget that I'm fifteen." He groused heavily.

His rant had drawn the attention of the others around them. To the other Gryffindor and Hufflepuff teenagers Harry was radiating power. It was rolling off him in nearly tangible waves. It was powerful enough to draw the attention of the class of Slytherin and Ravenclaw third years as they came out of the Transfiguration classroom.

"Do you know just how mad it drives me to know that she's in the library?" He growled at Neville, though the boy looked to be grinning. "Do you even know what she does to me?"

A giggling laugh interrupted him, a young girl clad in Slytherin robes walked up to Harry and bounced on the balls of her feet. "You've got it bad for my sister, Harry." She giggled happily at him.

She ooohed as his predatory eyes snapped to her, and only seemed to giggle more as he ground out, "Astoria."

"So, when can I expect to be an aunt?" She asked, eliciting a huff from him.

"When we're graduated and married."

"Then you better start taking advanced lessons. You aren't getting married for another year and a half, and I'm giving you two before I expect a niece or nephew to spoil." She placed her hands on her hips and stared up at her future brother-in-law, something that made him growl at the girl.

"It's up to Magic when we have a child," He said roughly.

Astoria only snorted and waved him off, "After the magic from August I'm surprised you haven't yet. I mean, even Father felt from within his office."

Hermione, Neville, and Susan looked like they were going to pop from the laughter they were holding back. Harry stared down at the young girl but turned on his heel and left. He growled under his breath, "I need my wife," but no one other than Professor McGonagall caught what he said.