Chapter LII

The gentle thrum of the magical machine sounded throughout the room. She could feel her husband standing over her, worried for her reaction. Her eyes were fixated on the green lines that were jumping about lightly. Her heartbeat was displayed larger, with a smaller display underneath. Her mind was filled with white noise. She couldn't remove her eyes from the smaller display.

"-Hermione," Her husband's voice cut through the static noise. She gripped the hand that was holding hers tightly. Her honey orbs found his, her mind catching up to that they were told as she stared into his silvery grays. His eyes were slightly lined with tears, his lips lifted into a large grin.

The Healer cleared her throat lightly, drawing their attention again. Andromeda was wearing a warm smile when she came into the room suddenly. "Healer Duncan," She smiled at her coworker. The younger woman nodded in understanding. It was common knowledge around the hospital that Andromeda was the private Healer for her family Clan. "I'll leave them to you, Healer Tonks," Duncan bowed slightly to the couple and her higher-up.

Hermione tore her eyes away from Draco and looked at the elder woman, her lips were pulling up into a grin. "Aunt Andy, can you tell me how far along I am?" She asked her, silent tears of emotion running down her face. Andromeda nodded and pulled out her wand, "Of course, lay back for me, please."

Hermione had only thought that she had been putting on a little bit of weight. Neither she nor Draco had noticed that they were pregnant, but they were also busy. Her eyes drifted down to the protrusion of her stomach. Her skin glowed a gentle color as Andromeda cast a few spells on her.

"Hm," The witch hummed lightly as she stared at the young woman's stomach. That couldn't be correct, could it? Wait, that meant that something happened with the fetus when Draco claimed Hermione as his mate, so that had to be considered. She wracked her mind for a few moments, her lips pursed in silence. It was very nerve-wracking for Hermione and Draco.

Draco opened his mouth to ask something, only to be cut off by his Aunt, "It seems that you're almost ten weeks pregnant, meaning the conceivement happened while you were on your honeymoon. However, this is something I would like to speak with you about."

"Is everything alright?" Draco asked quickly, his eyes filling with worry for his wife and unborn child. Hermione's face was silently willing her to continue. "Yes, everything is fine. It seems that when you claimed Hermione as your mate, it slowed the pregnancy a great deal. Hermione is nearing her tenth week, yet looks to be in her fifth. Your claim affect the fetus, slowing their growth until they could properly handle being what ever they will be," She explained simply. Her tone was caring and soft as she looked at the young couple. "However, you're going to have to prepare soon. You're babe is about to develop faster. I estimate that your due within the first week of January."

Hermione sputtered, her eyes falling to her stomach. "Two months?" She asked in a shakey whisper. Her hand tentatively placed itself over her small pump. "I believe so, yes. I'll be by to check on you weekly," Andromeda confirmed with a warm voice.

Draco pulled her attention by kissing her knuckles warmly. His lips pulling up into a smile, "Ben and Jean are coming over today. We'll tell them and Mother then." Worry lifted from her face. Her eyes brightened with the growing excitement of being a mother. They were young, being only seventeen and eighteen. Though, even though Draco was a year younger than her, being a father was his dream.

"Kreacher," Hermione called lightly. She was still an advocate for Elf rights, but she would concede their advanced magic. She knew that he wasn't being paid, but he also tormented Draco when he was offered a galleon a week. As it turned out, he was of a similar mind to Maisey; 'I've worked for this family proudly and will continue to do so.' The elder elf popped in, "Yes, Heiress Malfoy?" He may have an attitude, but his manners were wonderful.