Chapter XXV

With the use of expansion charms Clan Potter was about to all sit in a single compartment on the Hogwarts Express.

Given the extra room, Daphne and Luna were curled on the laps of their men. Susan lay on Blaise's shoulder. Hermione had her legs in Draco's lap. And Seamus was trapped by his girls, Astoria and Ginny on one side with the twins on the other.

They spent the train ride in pleasant conversation and laughing. Some fell into a comfortable silence, and Luna fell asleep on Neville.

Bell and Rami walked onto the train with Harry and Daphne but were sent to make new friends.

Once they were sat in the Great Hall, Flitwick placed the Sorting Hat on his stool.

It sang a song of uniting the Houses in times of need and danger, singing that the Heirs of Hogwarts stood together again. This brought attention to Harry's group, who all sat at the table of badgers.

Bell and Rami were sorted into Hufflepuff and the group stopped listening after they joined them. This also brought attention to them.

After the Sorting, McGonagall stood at the lectern. Flitwick, Snape, and Sprout stood to the side of her. She cleared her throat, "Welcome to our new students, and welcome back to those returning to us. The Forbidden Forest is named aptly and is just such to all students. For the next few years, we will find ourselves without a Headmaster or Mistress, as such the Heads of Houses will be shouldering the burden together."

"We are implementing an attempt to further friendship and kinship between our Houses, therefore, your lessons will no longer be between two Houses by year group. Each year group, excluding some of our NEWT students, will have lessons together."

She sent a glance toward Harry.

"For my final announcement, I would like to welcome our new Defense professor. Some of your parents may recognize her from assisting her father with the same position during their latter years here. I give you, Professor Rosilin Evans," She said with a smile as the new member of staff walked in from the door behind the High Table.

Her red hair was pulled back into a high pony. Her face held sharp and strong features. She was truly a beautiful woman. However, her piercing green eyes gave away her relation to a certain student. They held the Slytherin behind them.

An aged King Cobra was wrapped around her shoulders, the snake's head resting under her chin.

A fist pounded the table loudly as Harry shot from his seat, his wand drawn and pointed at the woman. With a deep hiss, he threw a powerful spell at her. The light was blindingly quick but the woman let out a soft hiss, blocking the spell.

"Mr. Potter," She stared at him.

Harry let out a short growl, "Don't you start with me. You gave a dragon shite excuse when I came home and I haven't seen you. I should hex you up and down this Hall for skipping dinner, Rosie."

"Fine. My office after the feast," She sighed at him.

McGonagall hid a chuckle at her daughter. "Acceptable," Harry said.

"You've gotten faster," Professor Evans told him. He snorted, "And your shield is stronger."

"I had enough of those Stingers from my father. I cursed the day you learned it," She shrugged.

McGonagall sighed, shaking her head. "Let's feast so that these two may settle down," She waved her hands, causing food to appear.

============================

After the Welcoming Feast, Harry and Daphne went to the fourth floor instead of their rooms.

Rosilin found them waiting against the wall and let them into her office. As they walked into the room assumed the setting of a cozy sitting room.