Chapter 4

Jimin's POV

"You little lucky bitch!" My best friend, Taehyung exclaims through the screen of my phone after I tell him everything that has happened to me in the last two days. I am currently in Yoongi and Hoseok's penthouse. After the exhausting and endless tour of their household, I was finally taken to my bedroom and the first thing I did was call my best friend.

"I know. I wanted to call you yesterday but I spent a whole day with those two. We were going through some conditions and terms. Then I asked them about their families and how exactly they'd like me to portray their partner. They said I can be myself. How sweet of them, right?" I say, plopping on my huge bed. It is so big I'll definitely have trouble changing sheets and running from one corner of the bed to another.

"Yeah. I mean from what you told me, they seem quite decent alphas. I'm happy to hear it. You can tell them if they as much dare to hurt you verbally, they'll have to deal with me!"

I giggle at Tae's overprotectiveness. As an older brother, he has it in his nature to be protective of the people that he cares about.

"Okay, Tae. I'll let the two most influential and rich alphas know that if they do something wrong to me, they'll have to deal with my cute best friend."

Taehyung scoffs at me from my phone, but his lips soon curve in a small smile when he sees my wide grin.

"Their money and titles don't scare me! Anyone who tries to harm you will have to deal with me." Taehyung says fiercely, flipping his imaginary long hair back. My heart swells from the endearment. This omega is so precious to me.

"Well, maybe this time you should be scared, Taehyung." I tell him with fake seriousness. "I just had a tour at their penthouse, dash, mansion and it's something unimaginable! They have four floors of apartment building united as one huge ass penthouse. Several architectural staircases connect them together. There is literally anything you can think of. Each room is bigger than my old apartment. They have this lounging room, overlooking the whole Seoul, and a large dining room with a long table for at least 20 personas. A large kitchen with a full suite of appliances..."

Taehyung chuckles, listening to my rambling. I am certainly impressed with the place those two alphas call home. To my measure, a small army can be accommodated here.

"Also, they showed me a room called observatory which I have no idea what is used for but is super cozy. They have two home offices for themselves of course. There are also, I think, around ten bathrooms and each one is so well equipped, it's like a dream! Not to mention bedrooms. Oh lord, every bedroom has floor-to-ceiling windows and such a beautiful modern design. They let me choose whichever I wanted. Plus, they have a whole space for a ballroom and one of the largest private outdoor terraces in the city. Plus there is this huge pool outside. Damn, if only you could see it, Taehyung!"

"I got it. They're filthy rich alphas." The omega says, sighing and getting more comfortable in his own bed. I'm pretty sure my call woke him up early today. "But doesn't Yoongi's family own like half of the real estate in the country? It must be nice to have everything others can't even wish for."

"They might have things you can buy with money, but that can't compensate for everything, you know?" I tell my friend, a hint of sadness lacing my voice. "I don't think any money in this world is worth losing your mate. Losing someone who is destined to be yours. It's hard."

"I didn't know my Jiminie was such a hopeless romantic." Taehyung teases me, earning a half-hearted smile in response.

"No, I'm not. I just... I don't think something similar will ever happen to me. You know that we, omegas from Escort have little faith that some alpha will come and rescue us from this lifestyle."