Chapter 46

Hoseok's POV

"Yoongi, please calm down, we can't afford to lose our heads, okay?" I plead my boyfriend even though I feel like my life is crumbling.

Jimin is missing. 

It has been three hours since he called Yoongi to inform the most wonderful news and then suddenly got cut off. Yoongi swears he heard another person approach Jimin before they lost connection. No matter how many times we've tried calling him after that, there is no reply.

We managed to track his car and phone, they were left untouched in front of the hospital, but our omega was nowhere to be found. By that time we've already alarmed our people in the police and there is an investigation going on, but that's little condolence for us. There is no news at all so far.

"Yoongi, you have to relax a bit and-"

"No, Hobi! What I have to do is find our omega and make sure he's okay." The alpha snaps at me and slams the door in my face. 

I gulp down the bitterness of his words and fold in front of the door of our bedroom. I don't feel like I'm welcome here right now. 

***

It has been 24 hours since the investigation began and no success yet. 

I'm on the verge of losing my cool. I feel like the ground has been yanked beneath my feet, I feel floating in the void of nothingness.

I even have the elated feeling that this isn't happening to me. It's too surreal. Jimin's chocolate scent is still all over our penthouse. Wherever I go, I can sense him, but he isn't here. 

The realization kills me every time. I have never felt this helpless before. Yoongi isn't in the mood to talk to me either. It's like we've drifted apart and just one day feels like a lifetime.

I try not to think about the fact that I might never see Jimin again, or that we might lose our baby. It hurts too much. 

My eyes are closed as I lay on the couch in one of our living rooms which Jimin loved the most.

"Loves. The one that Jimin loves the most. Don't talk about him in past tense, idiot." I mutter to myself. 

I'm trying to go through everything that has lately happened. There must have been a sign, a suspicious person, right? No way in hell Jimin got randomly kidnapped.

The police think the reason for the kidnapping is a classic exchange hostage for ransom, but the worst part is that no one has contacted us so far. Honestly, that would have been the easiest case to deal with, but the kidnapper isn't even thinking about reaching out to us. Or maybe they're doing it on purpose to make us as desperate as possible to get a tremendous amount of money from us.

Honestly, I'd give them anything to return my baby back. To hold him and hug him and make sure he's okay. 

"Hobi! Hobi, where are you?" I hear Yoongi's feet running down the stairs. 

"What is it?" I sit up and he rushes toward me. 

"You won't believe what I found in Jimin's things." He throws two pieces of paper and an envelope on the small glass table. I frown at him, but he ushers me to check what he has brought.

The curiosity takes the best of me and I do as told, first reading two handwritten notes and then checking the envelope with a bunch of creepy photos.

The fury like I've never experienced before fills me and I shoot up from the seat looking at Yoongi's equally relentless expression.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"Yes, our omega was stalked and we had no idea."

"It's not just any stalker, Yoongs, it's someone out of his mind, someone, obsessed with our omega."