Chapter 36

Jimin's POV 

I dragged Taehyung shopping as soon as the weekend arrived. Saturday has officially become my favorite day of the week. I can spend it doing anything I want plus there is no dread (like on Sunday) that tomorrow a new week starts again.

"You totally must have told her to fuck off." Taehyung rambles. I just finished telling him how my weekly meeting with Mrs. Min went. In short, it wasn't great. She still dislikes me and doesn't think I'm worthy of her son. "I mean, anyone would be lucky to have you as their son-in-law. She must be blind not to see it."

"Or she has a stick up her royal ass and she will never accept me because I wasn't born into a rich family. I kind of got used to it." I shrug because it's true. 

I'm done worrying about things that are out of my reach. I tried my best with her but it didn't work. No relationship can be one-sided. All my attempts will fail if she doesn't want to change her mind about me. 

"I can live without her bloody approval. I'm mating her son, not her."

"Ew, that would be weird in so many ways." Taehying scrunches his nose and I laugh at him. He's right though. "I don't wanna think about that witch anymore. Tell me something fun instead. How is Jungkookie?"

My best friend rolls his eyes at me, but his cheeks still tint pink. "I don't know. You can ask him at the office though. You see him every day, not me."

"Ha, nice try, but I know you're seeing him." I pock his side with my finger and he wriggles away from me. 

"Yeah, no shit. Drop it Jimin. Your matchmaking won't work on me. Forget it."

Yeah, sure.

"Oh my God. I just remembered about matchmaking. I need to tell you something!"

I drag him to the nearest food parlor and get us boba tea before I unleash exciting news.

"Just tell me already! I'm curious." He whines as soon as we take a seat and doesn't even spare his tea a glance.

"You'll never believe who likes Jin-hyung."

"Who?" Taehyung's face lights up with excitement.

"Hint: He's super tall, smart, and your boyfriend's cousin."

Taehyung gasps. "Namjoon?!"

"You didn't deny that Jungkook is your boyfriend." 

"This is the most irrelevant detail right now, Min." Taehyung waves his hand and his thoughts trail somewhere else. "Oh. My. Goddess. I can't believe it. Namjon and Jin?"

"Yeah, crazy right? Namjoon was asking me about him recently. He tried to be subtle but with the same success, he could have written over his forehead that he was into Jin hyung. He asked me all personal stuff like where is Nabi's dad or if Jin is with someone right now. I had no idea they knew each other."

Tae gasps again as if he just remembered something. "I think they met the first time that day when you bailed on me! I still owe you a beating for that by the way, but yeah, Nabi and Namjoon had that weird bonding moment. I remember I was super surprised. I have never seen Nabi like that with anyone before, even with us. She was totally into Namjoon. It was so cute. She was clinging to him like a baby koala."

Cuteness overloads me as I imagine it. Nabi is my favorite little dollface and I'm so happy to know that she found comfort in the arms of the alpha. Plus I know Namjoon is a good guy.

"We need to help them get together." I make a verdict.

Taehyung narrows his eyes at me. "Yeah, right. How are you gonna do that? They're two adults, we can't force them anything. Especially Jin-hyung. You know how he is. He doesn't want to date anyone."