Chapter 38

Jimin's POV 

"Yes!" I exclaim when I receive the letter about being enrolled back in my university.

Nabi looks up at me with her big doe eyes sparkling with curiosity and I pick her up, kissing her both cheeks.

"Your uncle will continue studies from September. Aren't you happy for me?"

She giggles, clapping her hands and my heart swells at her cuteness.

"You're the most adorable pup to ever exist, sweetheart."

It's just two of us for today. I asked my boss, aka boyfriend, to give me a day off, and he easily agreed.

Well, having two alphas wrapped around your fingers has its own perks. They can never tell me no.

"Alright, now that you have eaten already twice today, let's go for a walk. What do you say, my little butterfly?"

Nabi stares up at me silently and I take it as yes.

"I love hanging out with you so much. How did I even survive without you all this time?"

I continue with my monologue while the pup is obliged to listen to me silently. I love rambling with Nabi and getting different emotions from her if she recognizes the words I'm saying.

"Oh, Nabi, by the way. You gotta tell me what's up with your dada and Joonie? Are they secretly seeing each other?"

Nabi makes grabby hands and pulls on my necklace. I let her play with it. "Dada..." she mumbles.

"You aren't gonna tell me anything, are you?" I pout and dress her up to take outside. I bought her a cute pink onesie which makes her look like the princess she is.

"Dada!" Nabi exclaims with equal pout. "Doonie!"

And then she claps again happily.

"Wait, did you just say Joonie? Do you remember him, cutie?"

Nabi just keeps giggling and clapping her tiny hands. She does remember him. And even said his name. Aw, how cute is that?

"I know where to take you, come on."

***

"No way." My best friend says from the other line. I brought Nabi to the park first, while I explained what happened to Taehyung over the phone.

"Yes, way. I've heard it with my own ears. Nabi called Namjoon Doonie. It was so cute."

"But she doesn't even call us by our names! That's a bit unfair, don't you think?"

I roll my eyes at this drama queen.

"Considering that neither you nor I are planning to replace her second parent, that isn't that unfair."

"And you think a toddler understands that much? It isn't guaranteed that Namjoon is gonna replace anything for them. Only time will show."

"Why are you in such a terrible mood?" I ask him when notice his moody responses. "Did you fight with Jungkook or something?"

"Ugh. Stop implying that he is my boyfriend."

"Why don't you just admit it and I can openly be happy for you?"

"I have to go and take care of my baby sister. Don't call me unless it's a situation of life and death."

He rudely hangs up on me and I shove the phone into my bag.

"That unbelievable omega!" I stop the stroller and glance at Nabi, who has fallen asleep. I add in a whisper. "Your uncle TaeTae is one big liar."