Chapter 39

Jimin's POV

I still don't know how I forced myself to remain calm until the alphas arrived, but I somehow did. My hands still shake and I feel like a prey that's always watched. 

I nearly forgot about my stalker because his first letter disturbed my peace a month ago and I haven't received anything after that. I made myself believe that it was some dumb prank or mistake, anything not to face the reality.

Goddess, I'm so stupid.

After dropping off Nabi at Jin's place I instantly return home. Every step I take, every corner I turn to, it feels like there are invisible eyes tracking my every move. I have never felt this vulnerable. 

Even after reaching our apartment, my senses are on high alert. I can't shake the feeling that someone is lurking in the shadows, hidden from view but acutely aware of my presence. I'm curled on the couch in front of the giant TV with a muted sound. I've turned on lights in every room on this floor because it gives me an illusion of safety. 

When I hear the click of the front door, my heartbeat accelerates and I wait for my alphas to appear, holding my breath. Thankfully, soon I hear Hobi's laugh and all the tension leaves my body. 

I'm safe.

I dart from the couch and run up to my alphas, hanging on their necks. They catch me without questions, pressing me tightly against them. 

I need to tell them the truth. About this note and the previous one. If someone can protect me it's them, right?

"Oh, I'm so happy to see you too, Jimin. You can't even imagine." Yoongi says, burying his nose in my scent glad and scenting me. The wave of calmness washes over me. I feel so secure in their arms, it's the best feeling I've felt today.

"I need to tell you something." I start, but Hoseok beats me to it. He is beaming at me, his smile from ear to ear.

"We have to tell you the most amazing news, too, Jiminah." He cups my face and kisses my both cheeks.

I instantly feel a pang of guilt because I know I'm about to ruin it all for them. Whatever it is, they're extremely happy about it.

"Okay, you go first." I usher him because he looks like he's about to burst if holds the news any longer.

"We're officially merged! We did it, Jimin! After months of planning, plotting, and working late hours and weekends, we finally did it! It's the most relieving feeling in the world. To achieve something you have been dreaming about for years."

This time alphas squeeze me in a hug and I'm sandwiched between their hard chests. For a brief moment I forget about my problem and just let happiness radiating from them sway me. 

I can feel their emotions like my own and I know how excited and thrilled they are. They're at the peak of happiness and I can't be selfish enough to ruin it for them. 

Today is all about them and their success. I can tell them tomorrow, it won't change anything anyway. 

"I'm so happy for you guys." I say genuinely. Like no one else, I know how hard they've worked for this. "I thought it was not going to happen anymore."

"I know we're much later than we expected but at least we achieved the end goal. That's all that matters." Yoongi says, kissing my head and nuzzling my hair. 

"He's right. We have a great reason to celebrate." Hoseok announces and drags us to the empty dining table three rooms away from the entrance.  

"You guys, serve the table and I'll order us meals from our favorite restaurant, okay? I'm starving!"