Chapter 22

Jimin's POV

One plus about being in a fake relationship with your boss is that you can leave work if you feel sick without a long procedure of informing the whole HR and writing an explanation. As soon as I told Yoongi that my head was throbbing and I couldn't concentrate on the work, he instantly arranged for me a ride home.

I'd say I feel the weakness and mood drops due to the upcoming heat, but I still have another month until that. I take the heat pills just in case and curl in a ball in my room. I'm not sure how long I sleep in peace before my growling stomach wakes me up.

Thankfully, after eating some fruits I feel much better overall.

"I need to go to my doctor for check-up." I remind myself and open my planner to make a note. I really need to see Mrs. Han this weekend. I don't know what's happening to me, but I feel particular changes that I want to discuss with her.

I call Taehyung out of boredom and talk to him for what feels like an hour. I try to pry out some information about the cute alpha who has started seeing him more often lately. Tae's eyes brighten as he talks about Jungkook even if he tries to hide it.

"So you're going to his grandpa two times a week now? Is this the new strategy to convince his old man?" I ask my friend, laying on the stomach in my room as we Facetime each other.

"No, we don't go to his grandfather. We just hang out."

My eyes narrow at him. "Who are you and what did you do to my best friend?"

"Shut up, Chim." He laughs, flipping me off.

"No seriously, Kim Taehyung I know would never 'just hang out' with the alpha even if he's paying. That's a bit casual, don't you think?"

"Says the one who lives with two alphas."

"Hey! We're doing it with purpose and you know it. We're acting, but you 'just hanging out' with Jungkook looks like freaking dating for me."

"Look, first of all, I have everything under control, okay? Jungkook said he had never had experience with omegas because he's too introverted for his own good. He just wants to go out a few times with me and get used to the feeling of being alone with an omega without ending up embarrassing himself. I never thought I'd call an alpha cute, but this guy is just something else. He's so awkward sometimes."

Taehyung bursts into giggles and I watch him intently. If I didn't know him better, I'd think Tae is falling for his client, but he's the last guy who would let that happen. He's one of the biggest enthusiasts who are against relationship with alphas, not considering Jin-hyung. He has crossed the possibility of ever dating anyone after he had Nabi.

"And secondly," Taehyung continues, pointing an accusatory finger at me." You have a nerve calling out anyone on their relationship with clients when the only thing differentiating you three from a couple, is the fact that you aren't fucking. Yet."

My cheeks flush instantly and I stare at Taehyung like he has announced that he's dying today.

"I don't know what are you talking about-" I start justifying myself, but the arrogant omega cuts me off.

"Please, Jimin. I spent a day watching the three of you being the most real couple, throuple, or whatever it's called, I have ever seen. I can't believe you don't see it."

"Well, then that means we're just really good at acting, right?" I fake a smile, trying hard not to bite down on my lip as I usually do when I'm nervous. Taehyung knows my body language better than I do.

"No, that means you're allowing the alphas who are already in serious relationship, to get to your heart and I can't help but worry about you, bub."

"It's not like that, Tae..." I don't have a choice when it comes to them, my stupid heart won't listen.