Chapter 43

Jimin's POV

"And then he took me on the beach date where we spent the most amazing day together. I didn't expect he'd fall on one knee and propose to me at the sunset. It was the most romantic moment in my life." Kim Yuri, one of Yoongi's associate's fiance, is bragging about how her alpha proposed to her. There is a large diamond shining in her finger and I barely hold the urge to roll my eyes.

She's such a show-off, it's truly annoying.

"That's so sweet, you must have been on cloud nine from happiness!" Choi Hana, a newspaper tycoon's mate, cooes and claps excitedly. Okay, maybe it indeed was sweet, but no need to overhype it more than necessary.

God, am I just jealous of her getting closer to marriage than I am after months of living with my alphas?

Yes, definitely yes.

"So, when is the lucky day?" I ask her with a forced smile.

"In one month. I can't wait to finally marry and mate him. It's like a dream coming true."

She and Hana squeal excited as I sip the sparkling water. "Congratulations, we'll bring a generous gift to your wedding."

"There is no necessity, just being there to share our happiness will be more than enough." She shrugs, acting like she really means it and I instantly jump at the chance to annoy her.

"Okay, then we'll just come empty-handed to be present on your happiest day."

"Oh, really?" Her smile stiffens. I see in her eyes a panicked look, she tries to undo the damage. "I meant, you don't have to overdo yourself with presents but we'd appreciate anything you'd love to gift us on our special day."

"I got what you said, no need to repeat, Miss Kim. I look forward to the wedding invitation." I offer her a sweet smile and drag my hand down my crimson velvet turtleneck. I love the way the fabric feels under my fingers. It's somehow soothing.

"And when should we expect your wedding announcement, Mr. Park?" Hana asks me with genuine curiosity. Unlike Yuri, she's natural and doesn't fake her every word. I like talking to her because she still has that naive side left which is not corrupted by money. It's really refreshing in the business world.

"Trust me, ladies, when it happens, you'll be the first one to find out."

Not because I'll be running to them to share news, but because the gossip spreads among businessmen's mates faster than in a small town.

"Don't worry too much, Jimin. It took my Dongho some time to finally propose to me too. However, we haven't been living together but still..." Yuri points out the obvious.

I know that living with alphas before you get mated isn't something that's praised, but I don't have family that would be overprotective of my honor unlike these ladies born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

"Well, I hope you don't think that somehow negatively affects our relationship."

"Yeah, but I've heard when omega and alpha start living together before mating, alphas don't see the necessity of getting mated after that. They've achieved their goal anyway."

I want to call her out on bullshit, but I prefer not to cause a scene. She's completely wrong though. Alphas want to mate due to their possessive nature. The animal inside them demands to mark their territory and bind omega to themselves forever.

Yoongi and Hoseok so often tell me about it. Every time we have sex, they whisper in my ear how much they want to mark me and mate me for good. I can't say I hate it, I look forward to it.