Chapter 9

Jimin's POV

"Well, well, well. Just look at this super busy omega." I hear my best friend's teasing voice and a second later familiar cherry blossoms scent washes over me as I see Taehyung standing in the doorway of my office with arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh my God, I've missed you." I dart from my chair, throwing myself at the taller omega. He effortlessly catches me, squeezing me in a bone-crushing hug.

"I've missed you too, boo. But it hasn't been that long."

"I don't care. If I don't see you every day, it's already too long." I pout, pressing a small kiss on Tae's cheek before taking his hand and dragging him inside to sit on the small lavender couch.

"Wow, this place looks awesome." Taehyung says as he looks around my office. Light blue walls dominate the space. There are two dark brown office cupboards behind my swivel chair and computer desk. Majority of empty space I filled with some personal things like big green plants and a couple of cute paintings along the wall. I couldn't help but add color to this otherwise cold room when I first arrived.

"Thank you, I really like it too." I smile at my bestie excited to see him. Before I moved in with alphas we saw each other nearly every day. I miss him like hell. "Tell me, do you have something new going on?"

Taehyung shakes his head, sitting in a more comfortable position with one leg tucked under his thigh and turning to me. "Nothing at all. I haven't had a new client for a few weeks now and I'm short of money. I need to pay for Yejun's classes. Plus she announced with so much excitement that she made up her mind about her career and wants to become a doctor."

"That's great! She'll be an amazing physician, Tae."

Yejun is such a caring and loving girl. She has a big kind heart. I know for sure she'll be an excellent doctor one day. But that means...

"Wait, you'll have to fund her studies and that will cost you a fortune!" I exclaim, realization dawning only now. Even though we earn a good amount of money in Omega Escort, that will never be enough for Taehyung to pay for his sister's medical degree and at the same time bring food to the table.

"I know but I'll have to figure out something. You should have seen her face Jimin. She was so excited and determined. She said she's already studying some minor terms from the internet and is watching videos. I can't let her down. She doesn't understand how much her high education will cost me but I'm not going to cross her dream because of my inability to earn enough. Yejun doesn't deserve it."

My heart aches for my best friend. None of the omegas working in Escort have much money. We live from one paycheck to another and it's exhausting. Tae, on top of that, has to take care of a teenage sister who has just started to explore the world and has many ambitions and dreams.

"Anyway, tell me about yourself. How is the arrangement going on? I need all the juicy details, Park Jimin. Don't miss out on anything." Taehyung wiggles brows at me in his smooth attempt to change the topic.

"Well, I'm not rubbing it in your face but they're paying me twice my usual honorary for every single day, and for the last two weeks I made more than I usually earn for two months."

"Ugh, lucky bastards. It must be nice to have more money than you'll ever be able to spend." Taehyung sighs with a roll of his eyes. I can't help but chuckle at him. "Bitch you must be drowning in money right now!"