Chapter 7: Looked After

How did I get here? How am I currently in a room the size of my apartment with a massive king bed sat in the middle and a fucking gangster leader holding me in his arms.

Jai carried me into the bathroom before setting me on my feet in front of the shower. The shower that had fucking nozzles on every wall and multiple overhead. The shower that could fit four grown ass men inside without touching.

"Umm, how do you turn that on?"

A deep, delicious chuckle left Jai's mouth. He walked over to the wall that had a touch screen and he began to press buttons. The shower came to life and I don't remember ever being this excited to bathe in my entire life.

"Step in and let me know if you want it warmer or colder," he commanded.

I took off the suit jacket and set it on the sink. I quickly yanked the pins out of my hair so I could pull the silver wig off. I limped my way towards the heavenly looking shower.

"Jesus, what the hell is that?" Jai's voice startled me.

"Huh? What?"

"You're back!"

I looked over my shoulder into the mirror on the wall. A bruised line was across my back where it had hit the coffee table.

"Oh, it's nothing," I quickly dismissed before I headed to the oasis awaiting me.

"Hmmm, maybe a little warmer," I said as I faced forward and let the water soak me.

I was met with silence so I glanced over to see Jai watching me. The expression on his face was one I was familiar with. It was the expression I saw on men's face every night at work. Desire, lust, and need. His eyes were raking down the front of my body and I could practically feel heat coming from them.

My breath hitched at his expression. Usually I was indifferent, but something about his made a tingle spread to my fingers and toes.

"Jai?" My voice came out breathy.

His eyes snapped up and met mine.

"Right," his voice came out deep and gravelly before he cleared his throat.

Jai turned towards the touch screen controls and pressed buttons that had the water heating to the perfect temperature.

"I'll get you clothes and towel. Take your time and holler if you need anything," he said in a business like tone before rushing out of the bathroom.

That was....intense. I hadn't even realized he didn't look at me that way the whole night. Even though I've been naked with him for hours he was all business until now. I'm glad for that. If he had looked at me like that earlier I would not have been able to focus. Plus, I would have questioned if it was safe to get in a car alone with him.

Safe....I shouldn't feel safe right now. I'm alone in a house of people loyal to him. He could come in and do whatever he wanted and no one would say boo. Logically I should be looking around for a weapon and yet, I didn't feel the need to. For some reason my gut said I could trust him.  Which is bonkers considering it was his flesh and blood that tried to sexually assault me earlier tonight. Although, he did beat up his own flesh and blood for my sake.

I'm tired, too tired to overthink this. I just want to wash up and go to bed. I could deal with the rest tomorrow. I used the soaps that were sitting inside the shower. No conditioner, but his shampoo and body wash smelled absolutely divine. I didn't mind using them one bit.

"Jai," I hollered out after I finished scrubbing and rinsing.

"Yeah?" His head peaked in the room.

"I don't know how to turn it off," I explained.

"Right," he headed straight for the controls.

Once the water stopped he held out a huge, soft, fluffy towel to me.

"Holy hell, if I die tomorrow wrap me in this shit. I could sleep forever with this," I said as I rubbed the wonderful material against my face.

Jai's head tipped back as a big bellowing laugh escaped him.

"You're a strange one," he said once he got his laughter under control.

I sent a glare his way, "I'm taking that as a compliment."

"You should," he gave me the sweetest little smile that had my heart speeding up.

Jai disappeared before coming back with a pair of boxers, sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. I gave him a thank you before he left me alone in the bathroom again. I usually slept naked so I only slid on the boxers and T-shirt. They were definitely his with how large they were. I fucking loved oversized clothes.

I limped my way back into the bedroom. The second I was outside the bathroom doors Jai was there and sweeping me into his arms again. He gently laid me down on the bed where I noticed two pillows were at the foot end.

"Flip over to your stomach," he said with command in his voice.

Flutters ran through my stomach as I complied. When I laid down he gently lifted my left leg and put the pillows below it. Something cold laid down against my ankle and I looked over my shoulder to see him positioning an ice pack. I frowned in confusion at the second ice pack in his hands until he pulled up my shirt and sat it on my bruised back.

"It's just a little bruise, you don't have to ice it," I told him.

"We have a different definition of little," he muttered.

"Don't worry, I'm sure all the girls weren't lying when they said you were big," fell out of my mouth.

I was rewarded with another chuckle from him. "You're something else."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I couldn't stop the question before it tumbled out of my mouth.

"It wasn't right how you were treated today and you got hurt because of my family. The least I can do is make sure you're looked after."

I don't know why his answer made me feel disappointed.