one

A/N

A/N... hello and welcome to my story! :) this follows the hogwarts legacy plotline, with additional touches of mine, with romance between the mc and ominis gaunt! my baby :) Any and all support, ideas, love and thoughts are all loved and appreciated <3

CHAPTER ONE

"It's my absolute pleasure to be helping you, Ms. Jones, with your studies during this... rather peculiar circumstance." Professor Weasley extended her hand out towards the door with a warm hearted smile.

Already I knew she would quickly become one of my favourite teachers at Hogwarts–and one I could trust.

I offered a warming smile in response to hers and headed towards the door that lead out of the Great Hall.

"I will catch up to everyone else as quickly as possible, Professor Weasley." I mentioned, holding the door open for her to walk through.

"Your other professors have offered special, extra assignments for you to work on to help with that. If you are in need of any assistance, the professors, as well as your classmates, are here to provide all we can." She gently placed her hand on my shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

I'm sure she could tell I was slightly nervous to start my classes and to introduce myself to everyone. I didn't know anyone, it was... a completely new start. Which had its positives and negatives.

"Thank you, Professor Weasley, so very much for all the work you've gone through to make this possible for me. I'm sure I'll love it here." I laughed softly and looked down at my robes quickly, a grin starting to appear.

Professor Fig told me all about the different houses, and I honestly had no idea where I would get sorted. Professor Fig mentioned he imagined I'd be sorted into Slytherin, and, well, he was right.

Seeing the Slytherin table erupt with cheers when I was sorted made me beyond giddy and excited. Hogwarts felt so welcoming–so homely; one big family. Like a big family.

"It's of no problem at all, Ms. Jones, I can assure you. Ah—" She lifted her finger up, pausing her movements.

"Mr. Valdiva!" She called out to a boy walking up the grand staircase. He paused and turned around, seeing me as a warm smile appeared on his face. He strode over to us and stopped in front of me. "This is our new student, Isla Jones. Would you mind accompanying us to your common room? I'm sure it would benefit Ms. Jones to have a friend with her."

The boy had light pink hair–it was peculiar, but it suited him. His eyes were silver and he stood tall with perfect posture, his arms behind his back before extending a hand out to me politely.

"I'm Leeam, but you can call me Lee." He introduced.

I shook his hand with a smile, "It's a pleasure to meet you Leeam." I laughed lightly.