one; bonus chapter

A/N... technically a bonus chapter??? you'll see 🤭

RED LOVE AND LOSS: Rigel Gaunt

"You're Rigel Gaunt, correct?" A woman's voice called out to the blond – who was sat on the balcony that overlooked the Gryffindor common room.

Rigel looked up from the book he was reading, his eyes meeting a pair of green ones – the boy clearing his throat and nodding, setting a bookmark in his page and setting it aside. "Who's asking?"

"Me," The girl laughed. "Mind if I take a seat?" She gestured to the spot on the couch next to him, Rigel glancing down at it before nodding slightly, moving aside for her.

The black haired girl smiled and sat next to him. "We're in Potions together, you weren't there today but Professor Sharp gave us a partner assignment and I'm with you," She explained to him, offering a sweet smile.

Rigel's heart sunk at hearing her words – partner assignments weren't exactly... his favourite. No one ever wanted to be with him so his Professors always had the awkward job of asking if any of the pairs wanted to welcome Ry in as an extra partner.

It was always the Hufflepuffs – Rigel was grateful for their kindness but... he always hated that he was the odd one out.

"It's just us," The girl assured the boy, seeing his expression. "We can split the work evenly. I've heard you're quite the potions master?"

"Yeah," Ry muttered softly, grabbing out some parchment paper and a quill. "I can do it all, it's fine," He told her.

"I want to split it," She told him firmly. "I enjoy potions and I want to have the credit too."

Ry glanced up at her with a slightly shocked expression – but nodded wordlessly.

He tried to search his memory for her name – any mention of it, by the teachers or his classmates, considering she was a Gryffindor in his year, he oughta know.

But he didn't.

He glanced over to her page, guilt settling in as he realized he had forgotten her name when she clearly knew his.

Viola Wood.

"Here's the assignment," The girl – Viola, handed him the parchment which had their assignment written all over it. "We have two weeks to complete it."

Everything to know about Amortentia; the love potion.

"Amortentia?" Rigel questioned her, glancing up. "We need to do an assignment on Amortentia?"

Viola nodded. "We need to brew it, discuss it, and present it to our class – essentially teaching them all about it."

Rigel gave a soft sigh and nodded. "Noted," He told her.

"Shall I meet you after dinner in the Library?" Viola suggested, looking at the blond boy with a soft smile playing on her lips.

Rigel nodded slightly. "I'll see you then."

***

"How much more do we need to write?" Rigel sighed softly – fighting to keep his eyes open as he watched Viola write away.